PDA

View Full Version : in a bind

StirCrazy
10-26-2002, 06:18 PM
I am trying to decide which ballast to order for my AB 250 watt 13000K MH bulbs, everything I have read leads me to a ANSI M80 ballast for optimal burning. the problem is that this is a HQI ballast and because it is not a comenly stocked ballast it is going to cost me 150ish to buy (just for the ballast)

maby some of you guy on the mainland could phone some of the cheeper places over there and see if there is a better price to be had in Van for me please. It is a Advance ballast part # 71A5880, you might have to tell them that it is a ANSI M80 hqi ballast also.

Now I don't mind spending the money on them but I just wish I could find someone who runs them on this ballast to conferm that this is what I am looking for. Or some one that has one and maby a normal 250 watt MH ballast that I could compare them on.

so if anyone has any eperence with them or has some spare 250 watt ballasts I could try let me know..

thanks

Steve

EmilyB
10-26-2002, 08:39 PM
Are those the 10kk I sold you ?

I know a guy running them on HQI and could give you his email if that is helpful -let me know.

Or I could send you a Christmas light string to try. :lol:

Aquattro
10-26-2002, 08:53 PM
Or I could send you a Christmas light string to try. :lol:

hahahahahaaaaaa!!!!

reefburnaby
10-27-2002, 01:04 AM
Hi,

At $150ish, I would just get one from J&Ls...$149 for bare ballast, $189 for ballast and cord. BTW, M80 are rare so the cost will be a bit higher from one of these ballasts.

- Victor.

StirCrazy
10-27-2002, 05:53 AM
Hi,

At $150ish, I would just get one from J&Ls...$149 for bare ballast, $189 for ballast and cord. BTW, M80 are rare so the cost will be a bit higher from one of these ballasts.

- Victor.

they are not rare they can get as many as I want .. it is just that they have to ship out of the US and it is a 2 week delivery as they wait for so much stuff befor they shipto cut down on cost.. ifI wanted topay the shipping I could have them in 2 days hehe..

maybe I will send J&L's a e-mail and see what ballast they are using in the HQI's .hmmm that must be fairly new I have never seen it befor..

thanks