PDA

View Full Version : overflow box - c syphon

whitsunday
12-15-2006, 05:11 PM
dumb question I know.............but what is the best way (easiest way) to get a c syphon started?

Glenn

Joe Reefer
12-15-2006, 05:55 PM
Here (http://www.cpraquatic.com/pdf/CS50.pdf) is a link to the overflow instructions. Not sure which model.

whitsunday
12-15-2006, 06:48 PM
Thank you for the reference. This syphon does not have the nipple for the air lift...............I might have to drill one if there is not another simple solution......

Glenn

Pescador
12-15-2006, 07:15 PM
If it is a round u-tube like Lifereef uses, don't drill it you can start it easily by shoving a piece of airline up to the bend, put it in place with water on both sides and suck on the airline to start the siphon then pull out the airline. You might have to top up the water on the drain side as you are doing it.
It's actually pretty easy once you try it and they are the most dependable siphons there are.

whitsunday
12-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Thanks I will give that a try......this is a wide u tube......3" or 4" by 3/4 " bent in a u shape..............

vanreefer
12-16-2006, 07:02 PM
powerhead/pump on the end of the drain pipe

whitsunday
12-16-2006, 11:31 PM
I put plastic airpipe up to top of syphon put u tube into overflow which had water on both sides............sucked out air.........syphon full of water..........next problem..........hooked up mag 12 to sump (full of water) and turned on system..........

water rose in tank to near overflowing so i shut down pump...........syphon does not seem to work that fast...........am I missing something?

Glenn

Pescador
12-16-2006, 11:57 PM
If the pump is too much you can put a valve on the output side of the pump (never the input) to throttle it back to balance the overflow.

whitsunday
12-17-2006, 12:44 AM
syphon had broke causing problems.............sucked out air again ........syphon working like crazy..............lots of gurgling and sucking...easily keeps up to pump.................now needs a valve on main output of syphon to quiet it down..............yahoo!!!!!!!.........progress