PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Military?

snaggle
12-14-2006, 10:39 PM
I am going to be swithching from reseve to reg force next year. I have a couple of questions about being posted and you move you tanks.

1. How do you move your fish or do you just sell them all off?
2. How many tanks have you moved through the military?
3. How much supplies did you have? mostly looking at substrate.

I want to get posted to Ontario when I go regs, I was thinking about buying as much of my supplies for my fish room befor I get posted to save the PST and the higher prices in Ontario.

Brad

Pan
12-14-2006, 11:43 PM
Where in ontario (if you don't mind me asking) do you want to get posted?

Flusher
12-15-2006, 12:25 AM
I'm curious about moving tanks myself. I've been in the Army Reserves since 1996, and I'm just about to switch over to the Navy Regs (I had applied for the Air Force, though). I won't get posted until April.
________
Paxil Pregnancy (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/paxil/)

snaggle
12-15-2006, 01:17 AM
Where in ontario (if you don't mind me asking) do you want to get posted?

I am hoping to go to Trenton or Borden.

Brad

Skimmerking
12-16-2006, 12:27 AM
I am going to be swithching from reseve to reg force next year. I have a couple of questions about being posted and you move you tanks.

1. How do you move your fish or do you just sell them all off?
2. How many tanks have you moved through the military?
3. How much supplies did you have? mostly looking at substrate.

I want to get posted to Ontario when I go regs, I was thinking about buying as much of my supplies for my fish room befor I get posted to save the PST and the higher prices in Ontario.

Brad

WELCOME TO CANREEF first off there BRAD.

Hey Man I thought I would chime in since I'm in the really man's army ARTILLERY.:mrgreen: been with hte Guns since MAY 89
Well Brad what I would do is I would sell your fish. since I'm not a big fan about moving fish.
I have had the pleasure of the army moving me from Shilo, Manitoba to C.F.B Gagetown and they crated my 135 gal tank that i had and moved it there forme to my PMQ until i got a house and then I moved the tank my self.
I had alot of stuff to move ,but mine was FResh water. Well I would buy online if I was you and have them shipped to your new place. THe moving company ened up smashing my skimmer and some filteration that i had. But the good thing was the army reinbursed me for the damage that they did. what trade are ya in the Army or are ya in Air force?

Trenton I have been there a few times for parachuting exercises. any way keep us informed on what happens

Good luck mike

StirCrazy
12-16-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm in the really man's army ARTILLERY.:mrgreen:

:rolleyes: you army guys are all wanna-be'ss anyways.

Steve

Skimmerking
12-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Sorry Steve I forgot your in the Navy got any liquid soap......:mrgreen:

snaggle
12-21-2006, 05:55 PM
I am changing from the Comm res to the airforce. Going to be a bin rat. I can ship my live rock to inlaws house I think I will just sell my fish. My curent tanks are 1-160g, 1-75g, 1-55g, 1-38g, 2-33-g, 5-20g, 1-15g, 2-5g and 1-2.5g. Not all my tanks are set up the 75 is a FOWLR, the 55 is a preditor tank and the 38 is a reef tank, and the 15 is a fresh water for my daughter. my wife will also be joining in the summer so I might just get out of fish till she is posted.

Brad

Flusher
12-21-2006, 09:19 PM
I am changing from the Comm res to the airforce.

I'm in the Comm Res too. I joined in 1996. Well, today I returned all my kit except for my uniforms. I just exchanged my green beret and Jimmy cap badge for a black beret and the paper clips. I'm going from Reserve Master Corporal Sig Op to Reg Force Ordinary Seaman RMS Clk. What a helluva drop in rank... :cry:
________
Volcano Vaporizer (http://volcanovaporizer.net/)

Skimmerking
12-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Man I can't believe that you went NAVYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY listen may be they will post you to Shilo .. wouldnt that be fun......

sunny Shilo where there is 2 seasons cold and Hot

Flusher
12-21-2006, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I was pretty stunned about the Navy offer too. I didn't see that one coming. I have no problem with the Navy, but I have no experience with it either. It'll be very different from what I've been through already.

Shilo is definitely not out of the question as a posting preference, as long as I don't get posted to a batallion or combat-arms unit. :wink:
________
The Cigar Boss (http://thecigarboss.com/)

kuatto
12-21-2006, 10:58 PM
Hey Brad,finally gonna take the plunge,lol.I agree on buying as much supplies there before you move to save the taxes.I just finished with my retirement posting back to nova scotia and it went pretty good,no tanks damaged.If you do have any damages,they are good about getting things fixed or replaced.

snaggle
12-22-2006, 03:25 AM
Hey Brad,finally gonna take the plunge,lol.I agree on buying as much supplies there before you move to save the taxes.I just finished with my retirement posting back to nova scotia and it went pretty good,no tanks damaged.If you do have any damages,they are good about getting things fixed or replaced.

Have a Good retirement Jim. hope ypu have fun on the east coast.

Brad