PDA

View Full Version : new here and looking for some stuff

kgb
10-25-2002, 09:46 PM
hey guys i was just wondering if any one has any stuff to sell for sw tanks such as maybe some small fish like clowns or some poylp and low light frags
also any small hermit crabs or snails
he also also any live rock or some live sand

i have a 20 gallon tank with 20 plb LR and 7 plb crush coral
i have 5 left handed hermits 2 astro snails 1 turbo snail 1 nas snail and one other snail
i have some aipistias or what ever it is called (not bragging)
i have some polyps and a few other unknown corals
i have ran my tank for boyut 2 and a half months now and stare at it for hours every day
i am looking at making a 1 gallon nano tank

Bob I
10-26-2002, 03:50 PM
i have some aipistias or what ever it is called (not bragging)

For sure not many people would brag about having Aiptasia. My advice would be to try and get rid of them before adding anything else to the tank. :cry:
i am looking at making a 1 gallon nano tank

That is a very small nano for sure. I have not actually heard of one that small. :o

Canadian Man
10-26-2002, 05:06 PM
Hey,
Nice to see another new face!

I have some Colt frags about 2 to 3 ish inches big.

Some yellow polyps that are fragable

Delphinus
10-26-2002, 08:26 PM
I am happy to report that I just met KGB and set him up with some caulerpa, kelp, some blue mushrooms, and a few zoanthids. I regret I didn't have as many zoanthids to give him as I would have liked; mine have been choked out by mushrooms. :(

(Good luck Andrew, please don't hesitate to ask any questions if you have any problems with this stuff. Oh and BTW WELCOME TO CANREEF!!! :) )

If it wasn't for my immediate problems facing me (you'll see what I mean when you see my other post), I'd offer to have the meeting at my place. I'm not sure I can comfortably house a lot of people, but, hey, we'd manage. Maybe in the first few weeks of November, providing I can fix my immediate situation. :(

Bob I
10-26-2002, 08:36 PM
[quote]If it wasn't for my immediate problems facing me (you'll see what I mean when you see my other post), I'd offer to have the meeting at my place.[.quote]

I see no other post :D

Delphinus
10-26-2002, 08:45 PM
It's there now. Sorry ... it took me a while to type it in.

kgb
10-26-2002, 09:02 PM
hey does any one else have any zoathinad for sale or some polyps?
and how do i post a picture

Canadian Man
10-26-2002, 09:21 PM
Hey,
Nice to see another new face!

I have some Colt frags about 2 to 3 ish inches big.

Some yellow polyps that are fragable

I posted this up a few post's ago??????

AJ_77
10-26-2002, 11:39 PM
YELLOW POLYPS?!? JON!!! Can I get in on this? :wink:

Aj

Canadian Man
10-27-2002, 12:08 AM
you certianly can :D

kgb
10-28-2002, 03:34 AM
hey canadian man think i could get the hook up with soem of thse ?
i dont have much to trade ..... well make that abnout nothing but i do have some cash i am willing to let go of :)
but yeah if you want to i will get soem off you just pm me with when and where :lol:

Bob I
10-28-2002, 04:20 PM
YELLOW POLYPS?!? JON!!! Can I get in on this? :wink:

Aj

Just remember if you get some, all the luck I had with them. Sure hope you do better. :cry:

kgb
10-28-2002, 09:06 PM
hey Delphinus how much you want for some sand say like 5 plbs of it >? is it araganite

Bob I
10-29-2002, 03:11 AM
Tony may miss this, so I will tell you. It is Aragonite, and it comes in 25 pound bags. It sells for $25.00 a bag.

AJ_77
10-29-2002, 04:30 AM
$25 per 30lbs.
There you go!

Aj :D

Delphinus
10-29-2002, 05:20 AM
Thanks Bob (I've not had a chance to sit down in front of the 'pooter all evening until now).

Andrew I'm afraid that I might be clean out of sand, I'm sorry. I'm down to my last few bags and they're now spoken for by Ross.

If it's only a scoopful of sand that you need maybe I can scoop some out of one of my tanks.

Bob I
10-29-2002, 04:23 PM
Actually I have a part bag sitting here. It would be about five or seven pounds. So you could get that tonight. :D :D
Bob

Canadian Man
10-29-2002, 06:48 PM
Hey KGB
Sent you a pm. :D

kgb
10-29-2002, 08:47 PM
hey rcipema can't come tonight actually my work called me last night and some people got caught for stealing so they need me to come in . umm hrm i would love to come but i can't but when is the next meeting ?
also could you hold that bag of sand for me i could come get it when ever you are available. als ohow much you want for it ?
actually what time is the meeting till ?
also have fun if i dont make it

Delphinus
10-29-2002, 10:15 PM
Well ... I for one am quite excited to see the amount of interest suddenly in the Calgary club! It is too bad that some of us can't make it. I wonder if we have enough momentum to have a November meeting soon, i.e., next few weeks?

(I am still somewhat reluctant to volunteer my place, I want to be able to be proud of the systems I show you -- not ashamed of them. :oops: Work continues to this end for now!!! If I can get things completed in the next week as I hope to, maybe. But I won't stop anyone else from volunteering! ;)

Canadian Man
10-29-2002, 11:53 PM
Well Tony, If your place is not it order I would love to have everyone over here again for the next meeting.
I suppose we can call it a start of the cycle again as the first meeting was here.

What ever works for you Tony :D

Bob I
10-30-2002, 01:45 AM
As I have to get up at 5:00 am to go to work, I hope things will be done by 9:30pm.

kgb
10-31-2002, 07:22 PM
canadian man you got a pm

also hey rcipema you still got that bag of sand ?

Canadian Man
10-31-2002, 08:12 PM
Hey KGB.
DId you send me an Email or Pm.
No pm in my box.
:?: