PDA

View Full Version : Help with leaking Fluval

roclimber
12-14-2006, 05:31 AM
wonder if anyone has any experience with fixing a leaking Fluval. I have a Fluval 404 and it's leaking from the side ( side of the handle ). I replaced the O-ring as well as the handles still with no luck.

Does anyone has any experience with this and know the fix? it's been 2 days since i stopped the filtration, i guess if i can't get it fixed by tomrrow, i have no choice but to buy another one.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Farrmanchu
12-14-2006, 05:44 AM
Check the seat where the ring make the seal, both on the top, and on the bottom. If there's any nicks, or irregularities, try and remedy them. When you put it back together and engage the handles, push down evenly on the top, firmly but not hard. Sometimes the handles don't pull the top down quite enough.

Canadbis
12-14-2006, 02:38 PM
wonder if anyone has any experience with fixing a leaking Fluval. I have a Fluval 404 and it's leaking from the side ( side of the handle ). I replaced the O-ring as well as the handles still with no luck.

Does anyone has any experience with this and know the fix? it's been 2 days since i stopped the filtration, i guess if i can't get it fixed by tomrrow, i have no choice but to buy another one.

Thanks in advance for any help.

listen to Farrmanchu and also check the notch where the O ring sits. make sure it is not to high. I had to use a small bead of vaseline to stop mine from leaking and haven't had a problem since. basically all I did was put the O ring on then put Vaseline on the ring so it would slide together properly and easily with the base.