PDA

View Full Version : coralife calcium reactor

howdy20012002
12-13-2006, 05:23 AM
just looking for some reviews on the coralife calcium reactor.
Are they decent? or should I be looking at something else?
thanks
neal

Pan
12-13-2006, 05:43 AM
Hey neal everything i read up on them reefcentral about.com etc said you get what you pay for, that is it performs well for the price tag. (but there are better)

saltynuts
12-13-2006, 02:54 PM
what size did you get?. i have the ca+ 250 its a good little unit.
ez to set up.

Skimmerking
12-13-2006, 03:23 PM
I have found with the Coral life reactor's Neal that you need a dosing pump... the pump that they have isnt strong enough to support the unit.... SO a dosing pump is required...

mike

atcguy
12-13-2006, 04:05 PM
the brand is crap IMO , well crap compared to others. With such a big investment in the hobby put your money into your equiptment IMO of course. People who cheap out on equiptment are the ones that have problems in the future. I dont blame the company because it makes it so appealing to customers who see how much euiptment costs.

motox
12-13-2006, 05:23 PM
mine works perfectly fine on my 90. I just had to add a aqua lifter pump to keep the water flowing through it> the siphon would always break before and I have t prime it again. Since I put on the aqua lifter it works great.

Bryan
12-14-2006, 04:50 AM
Dosing pump Is NOT required. There is tweaking required in setting up the reactor. The water inlet can not be lower then the reactor itself or it will not prime itself. Also make sure you use a bit of silicone lub on the o-rings or it will leak in air at the top of the reactor which stops it after awhile. I have been using this reactor for about a year and for the money it's not a bad little unit.