PDA

View Full Version : Tunze Wavebox

christyf5
12-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Ok, tell me how fabulous these things are again. I'm sorely tempted.... :wink:

PS. its going on a 90 gallon :biggrin:

niloc16
12-11-2006, 07:50 PM
i havent had experience with them but i seen fudges wave boxes and they haul on his tank. i was going to go with it but once i seen the video from macna with the vortechs on the wave controller i decided to buy 2 vortechs and wait for the wave controller to come out. they are alot smaller than the tunze wavebox. just my input christy. let us know what you decide to do

EmilyB
12-11-2006, 08:13 PM
I have one. I don't think I'd get another. For one thing, I sent the controller to Tunze as it wasn't working (on their instruction). When they got it, they said they don't do Canadian repair work. However, in the end they played with it, said there was nothing wrong, and sent it back. Now it works, so I figure maybe it just needed a vacation. :lol:

It's a pain in the butt for me to clean because it is under the eurobracing, and also because it is permanently connected to this box thing so you can't move it very far. It's big, and quite ugly.

That said, it does give me some much needed flow on a three sided tank, and the anemone looks cool in the wave action.

guysmiley
12-11-2006, 08:23 PM
I really like mine. It's on a 135. It doesn't look any worse than a corner overflow. My tank only has one corner overflow so I have the wavebox on the other side which gives the appearance of two overflows. Most people don't even notice that it's there.

I really enjoy the effect on a six foot tank. coral and anemones sway back and forth and I find that it really gives a sense of "real" to the tank.

It is a PITA to clean because you have to take it out but just like anything else. I really like the sound it creates in my tank. It sounds like being at the beach with the wave crashing over the overflow. I find it very relaxing.

PM me if you want more details.

Garrick.

Delphinus
12-11-2006, 08:24 PM
For one thing, I sent the controller to Tunze as it wasn't working (on their instruction). When they got it, they said they don't do Canadian repair work.

Wow that's some customer service :(

andresont
12-11-2006, 08:32 PM
i havent had experience with them but i seen fudges wave boxes and they haul on his tank. i was going to go with it but once i seen the video from macna with the vortechs on the wave controller i decided to buy 2 vortechs and wait for the wave controller to come out. they are alot smaller than the tunze wavebox. just my input christy. let us know what you decide to do
I like Tunze.
What i herd about vortech's that they have to be perfectly alighned, and if ever go away from strait line they make nose, heat up and getting stuck.
As to a WaveBox cleaning you only need that once a year and ig using holding magnets very easy to clean.
It is always a metter of personal preference of course.

Tangman
12-12-2006, 03:51 AM
It is always a matter of personal preference of course.

andresont, in this hobby , this quote COULDN'T be more true! and people need to remember it.
As for the wavebox, I like mine as well.

Tom R
12-12-2006, 05:11 AM
Hi christy

I have a Tunze Wavebox in my 180G. I really like the movement that it produces . My corals have responded extremely well to it. The wavebox itself is very large but doesn't take any more room than my Tunze Stream 6100. If you have any questions that you would like to discuss give me a call.

Tom R

Mike Olson
12-12-2006, 06:18 AM
I have the wavebox in my 180 and it is awesome...I have a 1 1/2 inch wave going and all of my corals and fish seem to love it. Seeing the rythmic sway of everything is great...I also see movement EVERYWHERE in the tank and my sand bed looks cleaner and has little 'dunes' in it like the ocean. I had a few issues with noise at first, but Jack at JL set it up in one of their tanks and tinkered with it. Now it sounds great too. I have my overflow in the center of the tank so I dont get the splash sound...which is minimal anyway...just check out JL's display tank. Worth every penny IMO

p.s. Tunze does warranty work in Canada, through the Canadian distributor...it is slow though. Check out Reef Centrals Tunze forum for more info...Roger Vitko is great at getting back with any questions you might have with any Tunze product.

sumpfinfishe
12-13-2006, 05:59 AM
Ahhh credit burnin a hole in the pocket eh :wink:

andresont
12-14-2006, 12:20 PM
I also see movement EVERYWHERE in the tank and my sand bed looks cleaner and has little 'dunes' in it like the ocean.

Hey Mike, what kind of sand do you have in your tank? Is it fine or super fine?
how big is the area do you have covered by sand to get these dunes?
I kinda like the idea of the dunes !