PDA

View Full Version : Goin to Hawaii

Tarolisol
12-11-2006, 04:31 AM
Well just thought id brag a little, hope to do lots of snorkeling and some scuba diving. I leave on wednesday. Anyone know of any good snorkeling places on oahu.

X-Treme
12-11-2006, 05:11 AM
Well........ there's always the EVER-POPULAR Hanauma bay. Pretty cool, but VERY busy.

Chaloupa
12-11-2006, 05:32 AM
I am soooo very jealous! Have fun, we think Maui is our next destination after seeing the pics and hearing about it from my friend at work that got back on Thursday.

Pan
12-11-2006, 06:22 AM
Can you bring me back one of those rare specimens...you know the ones in the uh...grass skirts :) Have fun in Hawaii...i preferred the caymans to Hawaii, but i'm picky :)

Tarolisol
12-11-2006, 06:35 AM
Ive been to hawaii 3 times before, almost every island, this is my forth trip but i was never into fish like i am now so have only snorkeled once at hanuma bay 3 years ago. ruff water that day. So im sure ill hit hanuma bay again, hoping to find some other less crowded areas as well.

Im heading to the carribean in april, my first time, then ill have something to compare hawaii too.

I thought they only had bankers in the caymans.

Mr. Scratch
12-11-2006, 06:39 AM
I found some very interesting lagoons and such areas when i was in Hawaii. Some of the most interesting places are inland. Some landlocked lagoons etc, but not that many marine fish, although some of the lagoons are interesting with regards to fish. Unfortunately for less crowded that does mean further from the ocean. I was not very into fish when i was in Hawaii either, while i was but i was very afraid of the water...couldn't swim then :) I relied on glass bottom boats mostly.

Der_Iron_Chef
12-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Oooh, Hawaii.

*seeths with jealousy*

I've snorkeled in Hawaii, and it was excellent. The best, however, in my opinion, was off the coast of Malaysia and Thailand. Ever been? There's your next trip!

But enjoy this one. Still seething...:mrgreen:

Tarolisol
12-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Oooh, Hawaii.

*seeths with jealousy*

I've snorkeled in Hawaii, and it was excellent. The best, however, in my opinion, was off the coast of Malaysia and Thailand. Ever been? There's your next trip!

But enjoy this one. Still seething...:mrgreen:

I'd love to go to Thailand but the cost of airfare has always kept me closer to home. My dream vacation is to Bora Bora, hopefully it will happen one day.

And T-Minus 24hours and counting till take off.

Pescador
12-12-2006, 04:47 PM
If your going scuba you probably have your own stuff but if you don't have it already buy your own snorkle gear from a dive shop here. We got a couple great sets here for our Palau trip, they didn't take up much room and had their own travel bags.
Have a good one and fill your pockets :biggrin:
Underwater camera?

OCDP
12-12-2006, 05:16 PM
Have fun, ya lucky ......

I have been dreaming to go back to Hawaii since the day I came home from Hawaii :lol: I went to Maui, so I am of no help to you... but if you ever go to Maui, I have tons of info on beaches/snorkeling/restaraunts/sights to see, etc, etc.. we have friends that live there so they hooked us up with a lot of info and great stuff for our trip.

Take some photos for us.

Tarolisol
12-12-2006, 07:23 PM
If your going scuba you probably have your own stuff but if you don't have it already buy your own snorkle gear from a dive shop here. We got a couple great sets here for our Palau trip, they didn't take up much room and had their own travel bags.
Have a good one and fill your pockets :biggrin:
Underwater camera?

Yeah we have our own snorkeling gear. And a rather cheap underwater camera but it gets the job done.

Ill be sure to take lots of pics.

Tarolisol
12-15-2006, 02:13 AM
Just thought id leave you with this, I took it earlyier today.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/seanward84/BeachWaikiki.jpg

Der_Iron_Chef
12-15-2006, 02:25 AM
Niiiiice. *sigh*

OCDP
12-15-2006, 02:59 PM
Very nice.

Now bugger off :razz: