PDA

View Full Version : Ricordia ?

daddy01
12-08-2006, 05:33 PM
hi,
I purchased this Ricordia (yuma?) a week ago. I have a 28Gal saltwater aquarium thaat was FOWL and am changing to nano reef. I have 130W flourescent lights.
Is his ample lighting? I just want to keep softies my tank is 17" water depth.
Is this healthy? It was 8" form lighting

christyf5
12-08-2006, 05:45 PM
It looks like its having a bit of a rough time. Whats that nasty tan colored veiny thing surrounding it? It looks like a huge flatworm. Does it ever move?

It should be fine at that height, keep an eye on it, and the tan thing as well. :biggrin:

hi,
I purchased this Ricordia (yuma?) a week ago. I have a 28Gal saltwater aquarium thaat was FOWL and am changing to nano reef. I have 130W flourescent lights.
Is his ample lighting? I just want to keep softies my tank is 17" water depth.
Is this healthy? It was 8" form lighting

daddy01
12-08-2006, 06:36 PM
Thanks Christy,
The way it is is the way I got it it was from Paul's LFS and was only 13 dollars but I have had it 1.5 weeks and it just stays the same. The pictures I have seen aren't what I got.
I don't know what the grey matter is I thouht it was part of the Ricordia's anchor mechanism.
Jim

christyf5
12-08-2006, 07:16 PM
I dunno, I'd be inclined to scrub that tan thing off, it looks gross and I don't think its part of the ricordeas anchor, the anchor is directly under the ricordea and is usually quite small (like the size of a dime or smaller). It could be that the tan thing is inhibiting growth. Also try squirting some food near the ricordea, I usually just use the "mysis water" that I have leftover when I feed the rest of the tank.