PDA

View Full Version : Titanium heaters

danny zubot
12-07-2006, 10:50 PM
I can't remeber the brand name of this heater, it is a 250 watt titanium tube style with a remote heat sensor.

Anyway, what are everyone experience with them?

I thought they were good because I was told they were good when I won it at a frag swap. When I moved my tank into the new place (and into a cool basement) it couldn't warm the tank past 73 degrees. It was pretty encrusted with CA disposits and tube worms though, would that have inhibited its performance? I went into the old fish bin and grabbed my 300 watt Ebo to finish the job.

kari
12-07-2006, 11:24 PM
Hmmm.. I've had the opposite happen. A 250watt + a 300watt glass type heater struggled to keep up during the winter season. Removed both and used one 250watt titanium heater. I found it could heat up the water change bucket 10X faster then my Ebo glass heater. On the flip side I've heard comments that the controller for this particular titanium heater is unreliable.

WWWD
12-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Was this an actual review of something? Try cleaning the heater, if its working properly you will burn a hole through your hand in about 2 seconds.

Bob I
12-08-2006, 01:03 AM
I can't remeber the brand name of this heater, it is a 250 watt titanium tube style with a remote heat sensor.

Anyway, what are everyone experience with them?

I thought they were good because I was told they were good when I won it at a frag swap. When I moved my tank into the new place (and into a cool basement) it couldn't warm the tank past 73 degrees. It was pretty encrusted with CA disposits and tube worms though, would that have inhibited its performance? I went into the old fish bin and grabbed my 300 watt Ebo to finish the job.

Won Brothers titanium heater.:mrgreen:

GMGQ
12-08-2006, 01:20 AM
Yup, I love mine. No problems, and it seems to work very efficiently.

Won Brothers titanium heater.:mrgreen:

BMW Rider
12-08-2006, 03:11 AM
I have three of them. One controller crapped out and wouldn't turn on at all, another crapped out and wouldn't turn off, the third still works fine. I cut the heater portion off of the controller on the two defective ones, installed standard plugs and now operate them with my Aquatronica. They work great now. Biggest advantage is no risk of glass breakage, but they seem to be no more reliable than standard heaters, perhaps even less.

dbdavid
12-08-2006, 03:23 AM
I have had two of them as well and they both crapped out on me within 6 months of use. I unfortunatly wasn't as smart as BMWrider and tossed them out.

danny zubot
12-08-2006, 02:37 PM
Won Brothers! Thats the one. I couldn't remember the name.

This wasn't really a review, I just wanted to see if other were haveing problems with tese types of heaters. I'm not going to try the "how fast will it burn a hole in my hand" test, I'll just stick with my provin Ebo's.

Thanks everyone for your input.