PDA

View Full Version : PC lighting question...

wabush
10-23-2002, 08:38 PM
I have 2 spare 55W PC bulbs...the ones with the 4 pins in a straight row.

I was jsut curious if the sockets and ballasts for these bulbs can be purchased anywhere?

If so, what are the prices like?

Thanks
Chris

aquamansilver
10-24-2002, 04:44 PM
Try JL Aquatics http://www.jlaquatics.com or Aquariumpros http://www.aquariumpros.ca they have what you want, Aquariumpros has all hellolights parts and kits for 55watts PCs that are in straight pins arrangement.

TANGOMAN
10-25-2002, 02:19 PM
It's ironic I come to post the same question and hey, it's already there...
J&L Aquatics seems pretty exspensive in comparison to what's at
www.ahsupply.com AHSupply is American based, on-line, and 55w kits, with reflectors, are $64.99 (U.S.$). Check them out. I've used JLAqu. many times in the past for dry goods and they've been great ! Has anyone shopped ahsupply ?
I'd like to check out Aquariumpros.ca but I'm unclear how to access their site.(my first computer and I'm really illiterate!). I need to download either Netscape or Internet Explorer ? Which one should I download ? I'm using AOL for internet service. Will that make a difference? I wont catch a cold or get a flu bug or a virus or nothin' will I...?

reefburnaby
10-25-2002, 04:16 PM
Hi,

I have shopped at AH. I found the prices better at the local lighting stores.
The only thing that lighting stores didn't have was the reflectors. Connectors for the Sylvania/OSRAM PC connectors (i.e. the one with 4 in a row) are available at lighting stores and J&Ls. If you buy 100...they can be bought direct from the manufacturer at $1 a piece. But if you buy only one...its going to cost you around $10-$12.

- Victor.

rossb
10-26-2002, 04:40 PM
On the subject of browsers I think microsofts market saturation is about 95% percent of the globe. when one designs websites using microsoft tools they work really well for microsoft browsers (internet explorer IE) and not so well with netscape. If it was me and I was just choosing I'd go with the most popular browser. Oh and when your free AOL time runs out try high speed internet with either TELUS or shaw. I really like TELUS...but I work for them. I find AOL terrible to deal with.

reefburnaby
10-27-2002, 12:42 AM
Hi,

I use Opera web browser. I never like IE and Netscape 6 was too slow. Quick, low memory usage and free.

- Victor.

BCOrchidGuy
12-15-2002, 03:42 PM
Albrite lighting supply
(604) 945-9060