PDA

View Full Version : pesty anenomes

JOEL
12-03-2006, 11:32 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone tell me how to get rid of those pesty anenomes I have used joe juice and boiling water and they keep coming back

RicePaddy
12-04-2006, 12:08 AM
My Pep shrimp seem to keep them in check in my 72gal. The ones that I can see I give them the joe's juice. After four months I still see the odd one. Just figure that it is a fact of life.

Will

Fishfanatic
12-04-2006, 12:33 AM
I was having the same problem some would die some wouldn't but this weekend I bought a copperband butterfly and the first night he ate the worst one, and he's leaving my corals alone.

Beverly
12-04-2006, 02:39 AM
I have had success using a 1 ml syringe and injecting them with calcium chloride (a calcium supplement, Kent Liquid Calcium to be exact). For small ones, I inject at least 2 mls into the aiptasia from various angles once they close up and hide in their holes. If I don't get them the first time, I just go back at it when they are large enough to get the syringe into them.

I used to inject vinegar, but I noticed a change in pH, even in our 120g. A few mls of calcium chloride doesn't affect pH, and it will not increase Ca levels very much unless the tank is quite small.

vanreefer
12-04-2006, 08:29 AM
peppermint shrimp

Monti
12-04-2006, 01:02 PM
I agree, the peppermint shrimp worked really well for me. A copper banded butterfly is supposed to work too.

JOEL
12-04-2006, 11:23 PM
Thank everyone for the help

joel