PDA

View Full Version : T5 ????

Just2Bad
10-22-2002, 04:43 PM
Someone knows if we have supplier here or will have supplier soon here in canada of T5 fluorescent bulb ???

All infos I can have on GE website is about the HO 80w 4100k but there should have a 80w 6500k and a 80w actinic but can fin any infos on those. I saw pics on RC and it seems very interesting.

reefburnaby
10-22-2002, 05:15 PM
Hi,

I think you'll find that the T5 and T8 overdriving are about the same. I am not sure what the fuse is about though... They produce more or less the same amount of light...where T5 has a slight advantage with efficiency and lifetime.

I would wait for the T5 stuff to settle down and make it in to the regular lighting stores. The technology is still relatively new and there is a premium tagged on to new technology. 6500K T5 were make available to US market this summer. Actinics are currently only available in Europe.

- Victor.

Just2Bad
10-22-2002, 05:51 PM
I'm looking at this bulb mainly for a space issue. I'll be able to put more T5 actinic than vho to supplement my 2x250w saki. And at 80w each bulb I don't think I really need to overdrive them. I'm not a fannatic of overdrivier things.

reefburnaby
10-22-2002, 09:39 PM
Hi,

Sorry, I meant T5 vs T8 overdriven are about the same. Kind of funny since they draw almost the same amount of power. Its almost the same thing...just one is guaranteed by manufacturer and the other is not. As for area...well...you get an extra 3/8th of an inch over T8s.....not much. I would say something like Radiums are probably a better idea if you want better actinics and blues.

- Victor.