PDA

View Full Version : Dividing a tank?

Jaws
11-30-2006, 10:45 PM
Is there a way to temporarily divide a tank into two sections without allowing water to pass through and then remove the wall when needed? I'm thinking probably not but I thought I'd ask all you DIY's out there. Thanks.

Richard_Dicosimo
12-01-2006, 12:54 AM
whats the purpose of dividing the tank?

Richard

Beverly
12-01-2006, 02:19 AM
Use eggcrate with rock stacked on each side to give it stability.

Johnny Reefer
12-01-2006, 02:43 AM
Use eggcrate with rock stacked on each side to give it stability.
He doesn't want water passing through the divider.

Is this an empty tank or a full one?
If empty, silicone a piece of glass in and just cut it out later.
If full, and/or you want to insert/remove the divider when full (and easily), well...you got me. :neutral:

Cheers,

Beverly
12-01-2006, 02:48 AM
Sorry! Didn't read the post clearly. Been a mind-wracking few days here.

Chaloupa
12-01-2006, 03:55 AM
I am tagging along for this as if there is a way, I would to do it too to replace my front glass that is WAY more scratched than I first thought

Jaws
12-01-2006, 04:53 AM
I plan on setting up a refugium and a frag tank in the next little bit and I'm just tyring to plan how to do it. One of the ideas was to set up two 25G tanks side by side using one as a refugium and one as a frag tank. If I could, I would like to be able to separate the frag tank into two sometimes to use as a quarantine tank. I live in a condo so space is limited and anytime I can combine things it works in my favour. I'm obviously reaching but I thought I'd throw it out there for fun and see if anyone had any ideas.

tranvictor
12-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Well you can plumb the frag tank seperately, with it's own ball valves, in and out. When you want to quarantine, just place all your frags into the main system, close all ball valves, place a heater and powerhead in your frag tank and you're good to go for a quarantine. Just make sure that when you do plumb the drain for the frag tank, you make it possible to drain the entire frag tank elsewhere other than your sump (just in case you have a disease that you don't want spreading to your main system).

Jaws
12-05-2006, 02:55 PM
That's a good idea. Thanks.