PDA

View Full Version : Need info about Kalk

bubblepuffer
11-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Hello,

Since many of you getting food quality of Kalk from ChemMaster (Littlesilvermax), I would like to know what is the recommended dose of it to mix per liter of water.. I am new to Kalk and first time using it and bought some from ChemMaster. Need to know how many teaspoon/L to mix up the water.

Thank you

TRS
11-27-2006, 01:13 PM
Most use 1 Teaspoon Kalkwasser powder per 1 Gallon (4.5 L) of RO water.

Fishfanatic
11-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Min 1/8tsp to a max of 2tsp/gallon

robzilla
11-28-2006, 04:42 AM
at what rate do you add it to your tank/sump?

bubblepuffer
11-28-2006, 05:53 AM
At what rate, I am really not sure.. thinking about 2L/24hrs. So I might need to experiment with just top off water dripping without Kalk mix so I can find the perfect or close to it for the dripping rate. It will be directly into the tank.

untamed
11-28-2006, 05:59 AM
At what rate...?

The answer to that one is...

As much as is required to keep up with your Ca/Alk demand. Could be anywhere from none to more than evaporation.

bubblepuffer
11-30-2006, 02:30 PM
sorry for not understand your question when you asking for ... "at what rate". I am decided to try Kalk after having the tank for slighly over a year. So there is a lot of thing I am learning about it. I haven't set it up yet, but got the Kalk Power, Aquadose 2.5 dripping container.. Just try to figure out how much to mix with how much water. The Evaporate of the tank fluctuated from time to time because of the Winter issue. The next is close to a wall on the 2nd floor in my bedroom, so the temperature inside the room effecting the evaporation of the tank. Sometime less and sometime more. =(

Gools
12-01-2006, 02:42 AM
You should contact the person you bought it from. They should have your answer, for the products they sell.

mark
12-01-2006, 04:53 AM
Anyone doing Calfo's method (small amount of kalk, starting 1/16tsp per 100g mixed in one cup of water and added directly to tank)?

Farrmanchu
12-01-2006, 05:04 PM
I do Calfo's method, but I only dose Kalk now and then. I just mix it in a cup of RO, let it settle while I drink a Coffee, then pour it in the sump. I stop pouring before the settled stuff leaves the cup. I only do it close to WC time, when Ca and Alk start to drop.