PDA

View Full Version : Funny what you find

Ruth
11-25-2006, 11:17 PM
I am always amazed at the stuff that is in my systems. I put a couple of peppermint shrimp in my 230g about 10 months ago. I saw them a couple of times and then they disappeared. I just assummed that my 2 large coral banded shrimp had killed them. Then tonight I am feeding the tank and here is this peppermint shrimp hiding out under my carpet anemone. I don't know where he has been hiding but I have not seen it for at least 6 months. Go figure.

Pan
11-26-2006, 01:55 AM
turn off all the lights, put your arm in the tank for about 10-15 minutes intotal dark, bet you see all kinds of things :)_

Beverly
11-26-2006, 02:47 AM
turn off all the lights, put your arm in the tank for about 10-15 minutes intotal dark, bet you see all kinds of things :)_

I have actually done this for a few minutes and not as an experiment but to fix something in the tank. I must have stirred up the detritus, and an isopod got on my arm and started boring into my skin :eek: Totally freaked me out, and it hurt like heck! Had to get my arm under hot, hot water and pull it out with tweezers :eek: :eek: :eek:

Delphinus
11-26-2006, 04:31 AM
I have actually done this for a few minutes and not as an experiment but to fix something in the tank. I must have stirred up the detritus, and an isopod got on my arm and started boring into my skin :eek: Totally freaked me out, and it hurt like heck! Had to get my arm under hot, hot water and pull it out with tweezers :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ew!

Rippin
11-26-2006, 08:44 AM
Ew x2!
:mrgreen:
http://blogs.acceleration.net//images/blogs_acceleration_net/russ/6/r_Giant_isopod.jpg

Beverly
11-26-2006, 03:36 PM
Not as big as the pic Rippin posted :razz:
Tank was only 37g. I would have noticed an isopod that big in there :wink:

Ruth
11-26-2006, 04:05 PM

I quite frequently turn out all the lights in my house - after lights out in the tank - and shine a flashlight in there to observe the life. Don't think I am about to dangle my arm in there though - if I miss the occassion peppermint shrimp - I'm OK with that.