PDA

View Full Version : Sorry clownfish, that isn't an anemone.

Stab_Master_Arson
11-25-2006, 04:53 AM
Well, even though the store clerk said that the plate coral will not eat my percula clown I guess the coral wasn't paying attention because last night it had a midnight snack.

I woke up to see a tail sticking from the coral's orphus. I guess the clown decided it would take a nap in the anemone looking thing in the sand. proved to be a mistake.

At least I know the coral is healthy. It fully expaneded it's tentacles as soon as I placed it in the tank. A first for me. Usually the polyps on my newly purchased corals hide for a week after climitization.

Oh well, I guess I need a new fish for my nano.

Just thought I should share this and you can use this as a little warnign about mixing plate corals and clownfish.

EmilyB
11-25-2006, 04:59 AM
I have trouble believing a healthy clownfish would be eaten by a plate coral.

Stab_Master_Arson
11-25-2006, 05:32 AM
Me to at first. At first I thought it was just debree on the orphus, I looked all around the tank and even behind it in case it jumped out. I looked closer at the coral and it appeard to be a fin in it's orphus. The clown was in the tank for 6 months, the day I put the plate coral in it dissapeared. So I really only came to one conclusion. It is a pretty big plate coral though, about 5 inches across. It takes up a good portion of the tank.