PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Social Bicolour Blenny.

OCDP
11-24-2006, 06:01 PM
I got a bicolour blenny on Monday evening, and I haven't seen him since.

He sleeps out front, so I know he's alive and well, but he won't come out front. He doesn't seem interested in food right now either.

Does this seem unusual for a blenny? Others I have kept have been very social and active (ie: always in the front, visible.. making me laugh :lol: )

Could very well still be adjusting to his new home, but sheesh... I figured he'd at least show his face every now and then.

christyf5
11-24-2006, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't worry about it, he'll show his face to everyone eventually, then he'll get his face right in everyone elses face. Make sure you don't have any smaller gobies in the tank. Bicolor blennies get pretty territorial as they get older.

For the most part they do get a bit skittish if you roar up to the tank. Likely he's probably looking right at you as you stand in front of the tank looking for him. They're pretty good at blending in.:biggrin:

MDG3
11-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Mine took 2 days to get use to the new surroudings.:smile:

Chaloupa
11-25-2006, 12:22 AM
Mine is fairly outgoing...always going out for food and stuff...but most of the time perching on the rocks to wait for you to stick your hand in the tank so he can bite you! He is a nasty fellow!

OCDP
12-01-2006, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the replies all.

I figured time would solve this issue, but he's still very shy. I am starting to get worried that he's going to starve. I have fed the tank every second day and he doesn't show his face at all. I know where he is, and where he likes to hide out... and I suppose that's fine if he chooses to hide all the time. I just want him to eat some food!

Seems really odd, as every other bi-colour blenny I've owned has been such a great fish, extremely social and active. I suppose they can't all be the same.

I do have a larger Yellow Watchman Goby in the tank, would he be hiding from him? I haven't seen any agression towards the blenny at all, though.

Thanks again to all. :)

JSTR
12-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Hey Scott,

That blennie is use to YWG, he lived with two of them in my tank. Was always a little shy but one could always find him and he would come out and sit in the open, then dart away at movements outside the tank. Always had the little eating marked on the glass in the film there for it aswell.
Give him some time to adjust, but if the problems persist, give me a call we can work something out.