PDA

View Full Version : skimmer Question

daddy01
11-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Hi,
I have a Seaclone 100 skimmer on my 28Gal tank it seems to be collecting OK but it is adding a whole mass of micro-bubbles is this normal?
Jim

Synthesis
11-24-2006, 08:21 PM
My advice is to throw away the seaclone. Its a terrible skimmer for the price they are sold at. Very few people who have had one will ever recommend it. I had the same skimmer myself and had the same problem. I switched to coralife Super Skimmer and it was 10x better. Still had a minor micro bubble issue but it was also a HOB. I eventually switched to a Euro-Reef in sump skimmer and would recommend this skimmer hands down. The ASM skimmers are virtually the same skimmer just cheaper in price and not built as well(plastic vs actrylic).

Synthesis
11-24-2006, 08:23 PM
To actually answer your question, adjust the air intake to allow the pump to suck more air then water, this will slow the amount of return flow back into the tank and generally reduces the amount of micro bubbles. Also keep in mind skimmers take a few weeks to fully break in and skim properly.

Jaws
11-24-2006, 10:39 PM
Unfortunately most hang on back protein skimmers will produce some bubbles in one way or another. A sump is probably the best way to help eliminate them.