PDA

View Full Version : Feeding A BTA

RicePaddy
11-23-2006, 07:24 PM
I have a BTA which is about five inches in diameter. I have been feeding it some frozen (Thawed) brine shrimp once a week. The tentials are stringy and do not seem to be taking the bubble shape. Also it seems to shrink at night until the clown fish works it back open.

Is brine shrimp the proper food to be feeding my BTA and is once a week enough?

Looking for any and all suggestions/advise.

Will

howdy20012002
11-23-2006, 07:35 PM
I feed mine once about every couple of weeks.
Adult brine shrimp, unless enriched, aren't a good choice at all for feeding anything.
It is like feeding them chocolate. They love the taste but nutritionally they get nothing from it.
I would suggest using frozen krill. Much more nutritional value.
For the rest of your tank, I would suggest PE mysis..as far as I can see, one of the most nutritional and readily availabe food source.
as for the anemone.
Some bubble tips don't bubble unless they are stressed out.
I know that all of mine shrink up at bit at night as well..as far as I am concerned perfectly normal behaviour.
Hope this helps
Neal

MikeP
11-23-2006, 07:55 PM
I have had a small GBTA for a few weeks. When I first got him he wasn't very bubbley either. I feed him mysis shrimp a couple times a week and a flake once in a while too. Recently I notice he is starting to bubble up, I think that means I'm doing something right :smile: .

HTH

Kronk
11-24-2006, 03:50 AM
I think lighting has a big influence on there tentacles having a bubble appearance, if there isnt enough light in the tank they stretch there body as big as possible to soak up as much light as possible, with mine the bubbles are only there when its not fully stretching, its about 12".