PDA

View Full Version : Well, that went as well as could be expected I guess......

EmilyB
10-20-2002, 01:41 AM
Moved over the 45g to where the 33g sat today. Process complete, sitting back to enjoy a cool aquascape when the styrofoam at the front end of the tank collapsed...... :shock:

Drained tank mostly, removed foam without having to remove all fish and rock. Dogs are hiding downstairs........refilling now....

Delphinus
10-20-2002, 02:03 AM
Holy cow!! Hope everything is alright! :shock:

EmilyB
10-20-2002, 02:45 AM
Thanks Tony :)

Everyone seems really happy, and I think the problem is solved. I found a frag of my old colt coral in there under the rock, go figure, it seems very happy :roll:

I put some silicate sand in there...cause I had it....with a little egg crate for the trig-no-metric, with the existing aragonite, and a little seeding from the reef. We'll see how that goes.

What I need now is a serious hang on skimmer, like a remora. I left enough space at the back of the tank. 8)

Barry said "I'm sick of changes" and I said "without tribulation, there is no reward....."

He said " Who said that.........a reefer ??....." :lol:

AJ_77
10-20-2002, 04:07 AM
You know, some of are close enough that you could ask for help once in a while. :?

Glad you averted disaster though, just the front edge of the styrofoam broke down?? Sounds odd, but hey in the crazy world of reefing and multi-tank changes...

I think you'll be happy with this arrangement for years to come. tell Barry THAT. :D

Alan

reefburnaby
10-20-2002, 04:30 AM
EmilyB,

How thick was the styrofoam ?

- Victor.

EmilyB
10-20-2002, 04:57 AM
Well, the problem likely was, we used the styro from under the 33g ( I think 3/4") and added a segment at the back for the additional width....the tanks were the same length. Even writing it down now, I feel like an idiot...... :oops: :cry:

Then (this is the worst part.....) hubby sat me down before we filled the tank and said "make sure this is where you want it, cuz if we put water in....that's it...

D'OH...

Thanks for that offer Alan.. :D

Canadian Man
10-20-2002, 04:51 PM
WOW. :o
Glad everything went ok!