PDA

View Full Version : I'm baaaaaack (and needing advice)

Winters
11-20-2006, 10:05 PM
Was I ever really gone anyway?! :)

Well okay, I've been (suspiciously) away for a few months. Had to deal with life and work and everything else. But the 90g's been going alright, though it needed some cleaning and TLC - which it got last night!

So now.. with a much cleaner tank.. I've noticed a couple of issues. Perhaps someone can help!

1. Chaeto clump in the sump (with CFL daylight bulb over it) has been slowly reducing in size.. and disintegrating. Noticed a lot of its bits were clumped up inside the main pump's intake reducing flow. I need the Chaeto to export the Phosphates in my water, and it works well for this purpose for about 6 or so months until becoming too small. Any ideas? (I don't want to go the chemicals route really) I suspect it may be not enough light though it seems like quite a big, bright CFL bulb in there! Perhaps I need a reflector cone under it?

And is there any way to make sure that Chaeto bits aren't swimming around the sump and getting into the pump?

2. Lots of Spaghetti Worms all over the substrate. I know they're normal but I seem to have a lot. Was this due to the reduced circulation due to the main pump being quite clogged with Chaeto bits?

3. I've got zoos that are taking over some LR in the main tank, and encroaching on some SPS. What can I do to push the zoos back a bit?

4. Same for green Zoanthus. These guys are, in small clumps, strewn across the substrate and are also growing on LR. How can I get rid of them?

The tank looks quite nice actually! Looking forward to adding more livestock soon. (And taking some pics)

michika
11-21-2006, 05:37 AM
Hey!

Welcome back!

Sadly I have no suggestions for you, but I did want to say hi!

Joe Reefer
11-21-2006, 02:20 PM
Welcome back! I have the same problems with my cheato lately, I keep the fuge light clean all the time but it just seems to stay the same size.