PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer set up...(Coralife super skimmer 220)

MikeP
11-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Just need some info on the set up of this skimmer. The instructions don't tell me how deep of water it can run in. It will be going into my sump. The section of the sump it's going in measures 14Lx16Wx12H (is that adequate space? I would like to make the skimmer section as small as I can so that my fuge and return can be as big as possible). So that would put the skimmer in 12 inches of water. Is that a problem? I was thinking for hanging it on the side of the sump but I don't think I will have room for that. Under my stand is pretty cramped I've only got 28 inches of hieght to work with.

Thanks for any help and feel free to add any other info on these skimmers.

AndyL
11-20-2006, 11:57 PM
Major thing to remember with these skimmers, is to have the intake as close to the surface as possible, and keep the water level for that pump stable.

I'm finding pulling the pump off every 10-14 days and running it in some 50/50 vinegar/water solution really helps keep production up...

Andy

Razz
11-21-2006, 03:11 AM
Soaking or pulling some ro/di water through the air injector tube weekly or so also helps, I found that it really helped with the injection air to the wheel and skimmer. But as said before the trick appears to be the pump just being in the water and inch or 1.5 inches to get it really working. I

Manny
11-21-2006, 03:52 AM
My Super Skimmer 220 sits in about 12 inches of water. It would fit into a 12x10 inch space. You can adjust the water level in the skimmer once you get it into the sump so you could have it in more or less water.

Hope that helps.