PDA

View Full Version : Trix's 90gal

TRIX
11-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Well I finally started the upgrade. I picked up a 90gal 48"Lx24"Wx18"H with middle of the tank overflow from Oceans in Calgary. Good for 4 sides of viewing. Although I'll only use 3. It's their old display tank. It came with a metal sand and sump 44"Lx20"Wx16"H. This should work much better than my 77gal with Fluval. The tank and stand had been stored outside since the their move so it was quite dirty. The stand was quite rusty as well. I picked up the wood, styrofoam, and paint Sat evening. Sunday the work began. The wood got painted. I sanded then repainted the stand. I pulled out the hose and after some scrubing with vinegar and a good rise it all came clean. Damn now I have to wait for the paint to dry.

Monday while a jobsite I found a peice of 12 ID water pipe that I might use for the overflow. The tank has 1-1 1/8 hole in the center and 2-1 1/2 hole on either side. The tank came with 2 pcs of PVC pipe with 45's on the top. I think this will probably cause quite a bit of overflow noise so this is why I'm thinking of building an overlow with standpipe's. I will fill the tank and try it out first so I don't waste my time. Hopefully I will get some time tonight and set everything up in the garage to test for leaks. I still don't have a pump yet but hopefully soon. I'll also post some pics.

If anyone has any suggestions please shout out as I'm fairly new to reefing.

Der_Iron_Chef
11-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Pics! Sounds good!

P.S. Thx for the comment, re: chillers in Calgary.

TRIX
12-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Wow that PVC took up alot of the tank. I guess if it's to loud I'll I do something else. I anyone need a piece of 12 id PVC let me know and it's yours.

I picked up a Cofalife Lunar PC 260w. Thanks Vic.

I got all the wood pre cut at home depot, AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGRRRrrrr. Everything was cut to the wrong size. Pcs missing. Lucky for me most cut were too big. 49" instead of 48". So out comes my shacky hand and the skill saw. The wood is all cut painted. Now to assemble.

Picked up a Sedra 2000. I opened up the box and DOH! housing cracked. Good thing I got it off the guy with probably the most energy and care for what we do. Guys like this are good for the industry. He really does care! You all know who I'm talking about. ALBERT from Golds. I went in and he swapped it out right away. Also I picked up the wrong powerbar. No problem Alberts here. Okay now I'll stop kissing Major A$$. LOL.

I hope the paint is dry so I can start assembly. I hope to get the plumbing all figured out today as well. My wife has a bunch of friends comming over next weekend to it's either get it all done or don't do it yet.

YA YA I'll get some pics up soon.

lastlight
12-11-2006, 05:18 AM
Looking forward to seeing some pics when you make some more prprogress.

Yeah Gold's is really great in that respect. As Denis has told me: he wants your business and will do what he can to keep it.

As for Albert...guy's always HARASSING me and pushing a Bubble King on me.

Lol...the more I read tho the more I want one., We'll see what the wife says Albert.

Brett

Pan
12-11-2006, 06:20 AM
there is still a bit of brown on the upper right part of your nose... :)

TRIX
12-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Doh! I thought I got it all off. LOL.