PDA

View Full Version : 33 gal freshwater tank with 20gal sump/refugium - currently setup

nanopodreefer
11-17-2006, 06:28 AM
33 gallon planted tank for sale. Asking $800 obo, brand new this setup is $1500. Selling so that I can pursue other hobbies. This tank is well established and has much further potential. Please look at the pictures here on the forum or visit

http://www.nanopodreefersale.myphotoalbum.com for more pics.

Please email me to nanopodreefer@yahoo.com or PM if you are interested in the tank. I can send you more pics/videos/explanations of the tank. I am located in Calgary AB. Would be willing to sell tank/stand separately if have buyer for both. Great set up to convert to saltwater.

This tank is has been set up for 18 months. Ammonia levels have always read zero and nitrates are always low. It is setup on a custom built stand. Plumbed to fit a 20 gallon tank inside, I have this 20 gal set up as a sump/refugium, allowing the total volume of this tank to be now close to 50 gallons. An overflow box with aqualifter brings water to
the sump and a quiet one pump returns it to a spray bar in the main display. The sump is fitted with filter floss, sponges and bubble diffusers. The tank also has a 75 watt hydor substrate heater, a 2 striplight florescent fixture, 2 hagen CO2 diffusers and glass top.

I have NEVER had an algae problem in this tank, due to the reverse lighting system on the refugium, number of plants and controlled bioload. It is very similar to a saltwater reef tank setup.

Tank also includes: item - $price new
tank w/ glass lid - 40, substrate heater - 50, temp controller for substrate heater - 100, fluorescent strip light - 200, hagen CO2 diffusers x 2 - 60, CPR 300 gph overflow box - 60, aqualiffter pump w/ pre filter - 25, mixed gravel and fluorite substrate - 80, quiet one
1200 wet/dry return pump - 40, various plants/fish include: anubius x2 spp, numerous neon tetra's, yo-yo loach, dojo-loach, pleco, ghost shrimp, otto cats, cryptocorines x3, java fern x2, jungle/italian val, 3 large pieces of drift wood and several large rocks.