PDA

View Full Version : Which R/O-D/I Filter?

Buddyboy
11-16-2006, 11:13 PM
Hi Folks!!!

I think it's time to retire the AP Tap Water Purifier! :D Just wondering what everyone here suggests. It needs to be able to hook up to a kitchen faucet and provide enough water for a 50-75G tank. I was looking at maybe going through an online vendor such as PurelyH20 (or buying an Aquasafe through Ebay), but it would be nice to deal with a Canadian vendor. Any suggestions? Or is there a good filter that suits my needs that I can buy locally? Thanks very much for your help!!!

Greg

fkshiu
11-17-2006, 12:27 AM
Aquasafe IS a Canadian vendor based out of North Van, I believe.

He won't let you pick up, unfortunately, only delivery.

blaster
11-17-2006, 03:58 AM
buddy boy you have pm

DanG
11-17-2006, 02:54 PM
I've had excelent success with my aqua safe. I've had it just under a year and am still very happy with it. The only thing I would have done differently would be to order the inline TDS meter. I have the handheld one, but inline would just be so much easier.

Puff
09-24-2007, 10:13 PM
so the aquasafe guy makes you pay for shipping even if you live 5 minutes away?

brutal.

Pan
09-24-2007, 11:18 PM
Which model is everyone prefererring with the aquasafe's I was thinking DI only...but I dunno now. The RO/DI I used to use is archaic at best and well in the junk pile now.

fencer
09-25-2007, 01:23 AM
Just remember to get one with a booster pump

mark
09-25-2007, 02:49 AM
Just remember to get one with a booster pump
... if you're water pressure is low.

fencer
09-25-2007, 03:30 AM
Yes that too... the addition of the pump also increases your RO membrane throughput. Instead of 1:8 rejection it brings it more to 1:4

Captainhemo
09-25-2007, 06:40 AM
I have heard that there are some issues with the Purely H2O units, I'm not too sure what they are, I was just advised to stay away from them right now.
I ended up going with a Spectra Pure and it has been great. I'm running it off my kitchen sink. Didn't come with the adapter but J+L has em for $12. Got my SP at Hidden Reef. Spectrapure has a website at www.spectrapure.com if you are interested.

Puff
09-27-2007, 08:27 AM
i was referred to this RO/DI setup by someone at nano-reefs.com

http://www.buckeyefieldsupply.com/showproducts.asp?Category=167&Sub=166

im looking at the Value Series 75 gpd RO/DI System because it has a very good (Filmtec RO membrane) membrane and is supposed to be an excellent filter. only 118$...pretty good price!

are the aquasafes really good?

ed99
09-27-2007, 02:28 PM
I have heard that there are some issues with the Purely H2O units, I'm not too sure what they are, I was just advised to stay away from them right now.
I ended up going with a Spectra Pure and it has been great. I'm running it off my kitchen sink. Didn't come with the adapter but J+L has em for $12. Got my SP at Hidden Reef. Spectrapure has a website at www.spectrapure.com if you are interested.

I have a Spectrapure as well and no complaints. I run it without a booster pump and I'm at about a 6:1 reject ratio. I often run it through a timer which gives a bit of water hammer when it opens, but after 9 months running a 200gal tank it is still giving me undetectable TDS on a tap water feed of 125 ppm.