PDA

View Full Version : I am in a quandary

Bob I
10-18-2002, 04:12 PM
I have a couple of items that are getting too big for my small systems. They are my Colt Coral, and my Green Star Polyp rock (otherwise called my Chia Pet), and marginally my Green Hairy Mushroom rock. I am sure they would not cause the space problems in a bigger system. I am wondering if anyone want to purchase any of these items for not too hight a price. :?:

spikehs
10-18-2002, 11:21 PM
i'd be interested in the GSP's, how much? what size rock? thanks.

AJ_77
10-19-2002, 01:15 AM
I would think that the Colt would be worth a good dollar, at that size. And your Chia Pet as you call it would be as well, it's a serious grower.

Probably even the mushroom rock, unless of course it goes with the 33. :D

I know you've mentioned fragging them before, but they are really looking good and have more value as-is, I would think. Unless you're going to start a grow-out. Talk to Dez, maybe he needs a parent colony. :wink:

Alan

Bob I
10-19-2002, 01:43 AM
i'd be interested in the GSP's, how much? what size rock? thanks.

It is about a four or five inch rock. It is fully overgrown. If someone gives me $20.00 it would be theirs.

eposer
10-22-2002, 12:44 AM
I'll take the GSP's off you if they're not gone already.
Probably the colt coral as well. email me.

Thanks.
Evan

Bob I
10-22-2002, 12:55 AM
They are still available, but I won't give them away. The Colt is about eight inches tall and across. I don't know what your email address is, and I have no idea who you are. Could you maybe give us some more info??

eposer
10-22-2002, 02:23 AM
I sent you a pm with my info. Did you get it?

Thanks - Evan.

Bob I
10-22-2002, 02:33 AM
I did thanks.

Delphinus
10-22-2002, 05:29 AM
Welcome to Canreef, Evan!! :)

If you're in town here, hope that you can make it to one of our get-togethers.

Seriak
10-22-2002, 02:36 PM
Alright, I would be interested in everything but the Mushrooms. If something does work with the previous buyer let me know.

Bob I
10-22-2002, 09:04 PM
Ah, you probably won't pay the price anyway. $100.00 for the Colt, and $50.00 for the GSP rock. However, I am waiting until the next meeting of the "fishboys". At which time I will ask our fragging expert (I did say fraggin' :D ) as to the feasibility of fragging the big Colt. I am currently getting frags from the GSP, and might get some bigger ones soon. Then when the frags are all settled in I will probably sell the parent colonies.
:shock: :wink: Bob

eposer
10-22-2002, 11:59 PM
Fragging colt coral is very easy.
I just made a couple nice 2-3" ones two weeks ago.
Take a nice clean razor blade and cut off a "branch" just below where it forks. This will give you a nice V, to elastic it to some LR so it won’t come off. Don't bother trying to glue the colt to the LR. It won't hold for more than a day or two. Believe me I have tried. Where you have taken the cutting from the parent colony you will see many small exposed circular filaments. These will form the pharynx for new polyps, which will become visible within a week or less and full-grown in two. It's quite amazing how quickly they recover. Your frags will take a couple weeks to attach themselves as well.

Good luck :wink:
Evan.

Canadian Man
10-23-2002, 01:07 AM
Good info Evan.
You are absolutley correct about everything ya said.
So get to it Bob :D

Bob I
10-23-2002, 01:44 AM
Nah, I am chicken. I am waiting for you to show us how at our next meeting. How about it Evan, are you coming. I am sure we would like to meet our newest member, so we can find out a bit about you, ie. everything about your reef(s), yourself etc. :?: :?:

eposer
10-23-2002, 11:19 PM
Is that an official invite? I'm in if it is.

BTW: I have two 75 gallon tanks running through a single 33 gallon sump. One is a reef tank with ~20 types of coral(mostly softies) some clams(two 4" derasas and a 4" maxima), ~ 120 pounds live rock and a skif of coarse sand, brittle stars, ~40 snails/hermits/limpets, two ocellaris clowns which now live in my green hairy mushrooms... The other tank has a 5" DSB of sugar sized argonite mixed with crushed coral, 30 pounds LR, 2 engineer gobies, a porcupine fish, a 6 yo blue damsel, a sand star, a bunch of feather dusters and some hermits and crabs... I also have an 11 gallon nano(just posted a pic in the nano-tank section) and a 150 gallon sitting empty with all the equipment in my basement.

Evan.

Canadian Man
10-24-2002, 01:03 AM
Cool, What's the hold up on getting that 150 going.
If you need to set it up you could give it to me and I can set it up at my house 8) :D :roll:

Sounds like an intresting set up. Hope I can check it out some time.

AJ_77
10-24-2002, 01:12 AM
Is that an official invite? I'm in if it is.
Evan.
Looking forward to meeting you, Evan. Should be a good meeting. :D

Alan

eposer
10-24-2002, 01:26 AM
Cool. Thanks. When and where are you meeting, Is it in the "Reef Club meeting?" post. Haven't really bothered to look yet but I will.

As for the 150, I simply don't have enough time or $ right now. But I'll get around to it some time. maybe.

eposer
10-25-2002, 05:18 PM
Here's a not so great pic of the colt regrowing. The left cutting was taken a week prior to this pic and you can see the new polyps, the other two were cut one day prior and had not started to regrow yet.

http://www.aquabatics.com/evan/colt_1.JPG