PDA

View Full Version : Getting life for my sandbed

Achilles
12-30-2001, 11:52 PM
Hey guys. I just started converting my 100G fish only over to a reef tank. I ordered a 400 Watt metal halide pendant from the good'ol JL Aquatics (I love that store, god Bless John and Allan) and purchased a Bullet modified with a spray induction system).

Along with the new equipment purchases I also got 120 pounds more sand to start forming a DSB. Next I need life. Does anyone know where I can order a Detritivore kit???

Anyone willing to give me a few cups of there DSB with lots of worms and stuff. I would love to get this sand bed as *crawling* as possible.

Thanks!

P.S. I'm glad to hear about this bulletin board for Vancouver. Great job Canreef.

Reefmaster
12-31-2001, 01:23 AM
welcome jeff.
funny i knew a jeff o'neil who worked at a minesite in northwest territories -- ever been there?
i've got critters if you can get em home from victoria, though i've never tried the kits, just used live rock and waited.
shane

Achilles
01-01-2002, 09:45 PM
will anyone else be so generous?

Thanks!

Tigger
01-02-2002, 02:24 PM
Jeff

I am also just starting a DSB. I have a few worms in my sand from before, but I am also going to buy some live sand from Sea Care. There is suppose to be some nice critters in there. It is less than $5 a pound, if I remember correctly. Once my DSB gets going, you are welcome to have some.

We should get a bunch of people together and trade a few cups of sand so that everybody will have more diversity.

Steve

Achilles
01-04-2002, 05:34 PM
I think that is a great idea and I am all for it. I would just buy some and then share, but buying this stuff seems like a major pain in the ass and VERY expensive by the time it gets here!

Count me in.