PDA

View Full Version : The Journal by Anthony Calfo

Joe Reefer
11-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Anyone read this mag yet? How does it compare to the other hobby magazines out there?

niloc16
11-13-2006, 06:44 PM
i have, i wasnt thrilled. for the price of the magazine there was not alot of useful information. it was like a discovery channel in magazine. in my opinion coral magazine is alot better and way more useful. but that is me, i have alot of respect for anthony and what he has done for the industry but i will not get another magazine.

WWWD
11-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Props to Calfo but this magazine is pompous. Im not sure who the intended market is but it isn't reef keeping hobbiests. Anyone want to buy a used copy?

christyf5
11-14-2006, 02:10 PM
Ditto. It wasn't what I expected/hoped for at all. I think I'll stick with Coral Magazine.

muck
11-14-2006, 02:16 PM
Crumb.. I bought it but haven't had a chance to read it yet.
Now Im not looking forward to it so much.. :sad:

Joe Reefer
11-14-2006, 02:18 PM
Me too, I ordered it just before I made this thread. :bad-word:

christyf5
11-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Well its probably a good thing that you don't have such high expectations now. Maybe you'll like it better :wink:

dirtyreefer
11-14-2006, 03:45 PM
If you like reading advertisements, this mag is for you! :D

Joe Reefer
11-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Well I got my issue in the mail a couple of days ago and I have to say its not as bad as I expected. Even though I haven't got through the whole thing the LED and anemone farm articles are pretty good. The amount of advertisements is no more than coral magazine. I think this mag has some potential it just has to go in more of a aquarium based direction, although I do enjoy reading about trips to exotic locations that I will never make it to. In the end I have to say I will be ordering another issue. Coral magazine coming every 2 months just doesn't cut it.:mrgreen: