PDA

View Full Version : Suspicious PM

Johnny Reefer
11-13-2006, 04:08 AM
I just received what looks to me to be a suspicious request from a member who has made all of 7 posts. They had requested that I email them (to an email link provided) explaining how to post an ad.
Why an email? Why not just a reply? ...or....
Why not post your question here in this forum?
Sorry. I'm not falling for it.

Cheers,

howdy20012002
11-13-2006, 04:15 AM
all he was trying to do was get some info.
He is new here.
I gave him a call.
He wasn't trying to do anything wrong.
Neal

Johnny Reefer
11-13-2006, 04:22 AM
Well it just seemed pretty strange. This person has made seven posts previously....all of them in the Buy/Sell Forums. Not just posts, but they had started threads. So why ask, and me of all people, ....out of the blue... how to post an ad? Doesn't make sense.
Having said that...I think you can understand my suspicion.

Cheers,

howdy20012002
11-13-2006, 04:34 AM
i dunno
he was just trying to figure it out again
But yea, I can understand your suspicions.
Neal

WWWD
11-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Lets ban him!

Johnny Reefer
11-13-2006, 03:46 PM
Lets ban him!
:lol:. I know your just joking, but in any event.....I wasn't trying to rat on the guy. If that were the case I would have said who it was. My post was more along the lines of alerting others that if they got the same thing...well, in my mind it just didn't look right. I dunno.
Anyway, no harm done.

Cheers,

Delphinus
11-13-2006, 04:12 PM
With the size of the problem of people manually signing up to spam the board lately, I don't really blame you. In this case it sounds like it was innocent enough, that's good.

To anyone reading this .. if you receive a suspicious PM, please direct it to the attention of one of the moderators and we'll try to sort it out. Or, if you're a new person here and have questions, again, please PM one of the moderators or better yet, post the question in the Q&A forum.. I guess that IS what it's there for! :)

MoeReefer
11-13-2006, 06:20 PM
all new members should intoduce themselves.
say hi, let everyone know your here and want to be an active member, tell us what you have and what you are going for, and of course ask questions, there is tons of knowledge here and just as many people more than happy to share it.

BCOrchidGuy
02-28-2007, 03:57 AM
My motto, better safe than sorry. I sure don't blame you for being suspicious, at least you had the decency to post about it, I probably would have deleted the request and never thought about it again.
Anyway like I say, better safe than sorry.

Doug

Scavenger
02-28-2007, 05:15 AM
Lets ban him!
I'm all out of bans right now, but I got a few finger shakes and scowls left in the reserve bin. Should I dig them out?

andsoitgoes
02-28-2007, 04:38 PM
This may sound a little obtuse, but why not make a member intro forum, and require new members to post in it first, even just a short few words... would help us get to know all the new people, too :)

BCOrchidGuy
03-01-2007, 01:47 AM
Damn the bans and full finger shakes and scowls ahead?

Doug