PDA

View Full Version : FS: Hella big tank

Nate
11-11-2006, 06:32 PM
I have a friend, and a customer (for profucts, not maintenance), that has just purchased a new house, and is getting rid of his 400 gallon plus system.

In his new house we will be building a tank that is 1000 gallons plus.

The tanks itself is approx 340gallons. It has only been used for maybe a year and a half, and was built by (IMHO) the most professional., and highest quality aquarium builder in Calgary.

The tank is custome dimensions, so I will have to get them. But to give you an idea on it, it is somewhere around 74 x 44 x 30. Tank is eurobraced, with an overflow in the center of the back of the tank.

Tank comes with 150 gallon(ish) sump, 50 gallon refugium, all plumbing (over 400 dollars worth) some pumps and other odds and ends.

Tank also was designed to have hanging brackets that matcht the tubular steel stand and mount to it for hanging light fixtures above it.

Also available with or without is 2x 400watt metal halides in luminarc reflectors, as well as an extra luminarc.

Pricing this beast is kinda difficult as you pretty much have to see it to believe it, but the price can go anywhere from 5 dollars for some crush coral to 4000 with setup and delivery.

The guy is really reasonable, and youi will get a good deal if you are a serious buyer. He is not in a real rush to sell either, as he will have access to both houses.

Basically, to give you a ballpark, I think he is looking for about 2000 dollars delivered to his driveway for the tanks, stand, maybe a couple of pumps, and a couple hundred more for the lightingThis deal would be one that after the driveway, you make arrangements thereforth. That doesnt say that we wont help out on the other end, but wont arrange for all the guys, or cover any damages or injuries in getting the tank in to the new place.

Pm me if youa re interested, or have any questions. Or post them.

Basically, he is a little flexible on the price, as there are so many different circumstances for labour, what you want, etc...but you woul dbe pretty much getting this tank at wholeasale pricing.

Let me know if you have any questions this could make a hell of a winter projcet, or a four seasons project!

Nate

WAnted to throw a diclaimer in here also so this thread doesnt get deleted, that the sale of this tank is completely private and no money from the sale of this tank will go through my aquarium maintenance company. I stand to make not a dollar from this sale! edit: I may however make a couple cases of beer in the dissassembly of the tank!

Nate
11-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Hey guys,

I am told that he is willing to entertain offers for the tank. Would like to stay away from delivery if this is possible but will arrange if necessary, have a purchaser in BC if there was someway to get it out there.

For those of you that are seriously interested in this beauty, pm me, adn I can arrange a time to go and see it.

Nate

i have crabs
11-12-2006, 08:24 PM
are thier any scratches on the front or sides and how wide is the tank (has to fit through basment door

Nate
11-12-2006, 08:56 PM
no scratches as far as I know. Havent looked at it in a bit, but I know he is super carefulw ith it and has not had it too long.

As for through the basement door, it is like 44 inches wide so it is not going to fit through that way, but it is 30 inches tall, which should fit through any doorway , with the door removed.

Tank is in great condition imho

i have crabs
11-13-2006, 01:01 AM
if its 44" wide x 30 tall its probably only a 6 footer for shure. i think im looking for a 8 footer

Nate
11-13-2006, 01:50 AM
Come and take a look at the tank, and you will be caught by the "cube"(ish) craze. Seriously it is a beautful tank.

Delphinus
11-13-2006, 03:33 AM
It just occured to me which tank this is. I've seen it, and .. all I can say is .. man I wish I could buy it. This is an awesome system.

i have crabs
11-14-2006, 05:16 PM
is thier any chance of getting a photo or 2 so i can see how the overflows and drains are set up. is thier a closed loop or anything like that.
i was looking into getting a 96x30x30 in the next 3-4 months so this is a little sooner and a different shape but i do have a spot for it and if its nice i might settle for something different for a good price.
also i imagine this is not a very light piece of glass and probably wont be moved easily. how did he move it into his house when he bought it?

Nate
11-14-2006, 11:14 PM
6 and 6 suction cups moved it into the house and down the stairs. might have been two extra guys there for moral support.

I will try to get some pics, but would much rather you come take a look at it.

Also, closed loops etc... can be drilled out after the fact which I can arrange for you.

Come take a look and make an offer and we can go from there.

Nate

Nate
11-25-2006, 04:58 PM
tearing down the big tank this weekend.

Gonna be tearing the glass apart if there is no interest...

willing to accept the lowball of 1200 for tank, stand, 180 gallom sump, 60 gallon fuge, and all plumbing...

call me this weekend at 714-2008 if you want it

ps this number will be removed sunday nite

Nate
11-25-2006, 10:16 PM
no calls...some interst, butr no calls....waters out and the tanks is being moved.

Anyone want it |?

Call me...we can arrange a meeting time, hell, I could even arrange it for 2 am if you wanna try and do it while your wife is asleep

Nate

Nate
11-27-2006, 05:13 AM
Pretty much sold! PIckup pending tomorrow evening.

Someone took advantage and is getting a hell of a deal.

Thanks for the interest guys!

Nate

MitchM
11-28-2006, 02:54 AM
Nate,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help tonight with loading the tank into my truck!
Those guys were great!

Mitch

Delphinus
11-28-2006, 03:14 AM
Nice score Mitch!! And glad to see you're still around (at least once in a while!!) :)

Nate
11-28-2006, 06:24 AM
tank was heavy, and now its gone...time to order the 1000 gallon!
glad you are happy with happy with the tank.

Nate

Delphinus
11-28-2006, 03:59 PM
Whatever day you'll be moving that into the new house-- I think I have to wash my hair that day. :p

Seriously though, I'm sorta curious what kind of dimensions he's thinking of? And what's gonna go in there?

danny zubot
11-28-2006, 04:04 PM
Sounds like the making of a new tank journal.

Nate
11-29-2006, 04:32 AM
sounds like it is going to be a longer one...

Working on a 10 foot flatback hex, with external overflows....this will be plumbed through to the furnace room, to make use of all of Big Al's old equipment (sumps, pumps, racking, etc...)...

My guess is also that it will fall short of 1000, probably 800ish, which my back will be thankful for.

oh, and it will be an onsite build for the tank.

Nate