PDA

View Full Version : Geek Time: Final Fantasy XII

albert_dao
11-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Okay, who's playing it? C'mon, fess up.

Actually, a more relevant question on the order of geek-ness; who got the collector's edition with the collector's edition strategy guide?

I'm cool.

Quagmire
11-11-2006, 02:24 PM
geek :razz:

Der_Iron_Chef
11-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Not released for XBOX. Fatal!

fortheloveofcrabs
11-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I'm cool too. So what if I have the collectors edition (guide and game).

So... what do you think so far? I'm not totally sold. When you buy an FF game, your really investing the the battle system. I mean, really, that's all the games have incommon - for the most part. This one really is quite different (I don't care what the guide says, it's different).

Square shure does make a real perty lookin game though...

Moogled
11-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Ha, who says that when you buy an FF game, you're paying for the battle system?

I found that most people complaining about the battle system are the people that don't understand how to set up Gambits.

Flusher
11-11-2006, 08:58 PM
This game rocks. I love it. I decided not to bother with the strategy guide since that often takes the fun out of it for me. There are enough free online walkthroughs to help when I get stumped.

The graphics are cool, the storyline is on par with other FF games, the way characters get upgraded is so far my favourite of all the FF games I've played, and I love the Gambits and automated battle scenes.

It's very different than other FF games in a lot of ways, but the essentials are the same and the differences are very interesting improvements, IMO.
________
Class Action Lawfirm (http://classactionsettlements.org/)

Pan
11-12-2006, 07:39 AM
i'll play after i finish neverwinter nights 2:)

albert_dao
11-12-2006, 03:56 PM
You're missing out dude! FFXII r t3h h4x

exee
11-12-2006, 06:17 PM
I've been playing this as well :D. Not a good time for this game to be coming out :P I should be studying for finals or working on projects...

Such a good game though!!