PDA

View Full Version : FS:Fimbriated Moray Calgary

EmilyB
11-11-2006, 04:21 AM
I will not misrepresent this eel. He does not just eat small fish, he will attack and maim/kill large fish.

He is a wonderful eel. It's not his fault. My fault only, for getting him. He comes when called and eats silversides.

SPECIES ONLY TANK.

I can keep him a while in my 67g, but he is large and needs a better home.

I hope there is one out there for him. We already discussed setting up another tank, but my hubby is off work now and we just can't take on more.

This link says leopard, but it's not about a leopard eel.

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/marine/eels/leopard.php

dunl
11-11-2006, 04:31 AM
PM sent.

EmilyB
11-12-2006, 04:27 AM
We will be tearing down the tank tomorrow to catch the eel, so he will be available then. We have decided not to drag this on, so if he is not picked up tomorrow he will go to a LFS.

dunl
11-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Sent you a PM on travel issues....if anyone is coming towards Red Deer and could transport him, I have a home for him here. Just can't make it for him today. :(

Darcy

RobbAdams
11-13-2006, 04:08 PM
where did this eel come from?

Sounds like one I gave away a while back?

EmilyB
11-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Could be ? I bought it from Buccaneer.

RobbAdams
11-13-2006, 08:10 PM
yep, Looks like he has gotten meaner:sad:

He used to leave bigger fish alone.

Sure is purddie though!

Buccaneer
11-15-2006, 10:42 AM
Sorry to hear about your experience with the eel Deb ... the biggest fish I lost was a saddleback clown ( just big enough to be swallowed apparently :cry: )

He lived quite happily with a large atlantic tang, naso tang, sohal tang, 2 yellow tangs & a foxface for the past few years ( sohal being the newest addition just before tearing that tank down )

I never fed him silversides though ... only tiger prawns every other day and he never bothered the large fish ... they actually chased him away as I would put 2 shrimp on the pvc tube and the tangs would try to eat both but most of the time he would snag one of the shrimp

Maybe changing tanks changed his personality somewhat and he felt threatened by the fish in your tank somehow ... too bad as he was one of my favourites and I would buy him back if I had somewhere to put him ( have to finish developing my basement first and build a new tank/tankroom )

whoever gets him will have a awesome eel