PDA

View Full Version : What in the heck

Canadbis
11-10-2006, 03:53 AM
So I am looking at my tank about 1/2 hour before the lights turn off and I see this "pocket of diatoms" and I figure I will give them a blast to get them out of the hole in the rock, so I grab my baster and blast some water at them. Well the "diatoms" retreat farther into the hole!!! So I begin to look at this thing and I cant tell quite what it is. It seems to have 5? legs that I can see. One being larger than the others. Then the lights go out! NNNOOOOO
SO I come down stairs and grab the flashlight and go back up. bet you can guess what happens next...The damn thing is gone! I searched hi and low and cant find the thing anywhere.
my description I guess would be, about double the size of a computer screw(case screw), brownish/grey, hairy and thats all I can tell you.
any Ideas??....Anyone?

Murminator
11-10-2006, 03:59 AM
Hmmm sounds like aptasia

Canadbis
11-10-2006, 04:06 AM
What?
I have a little aptasia that that hasn't moved from the spot it was, even when the lobster touches it. No way this thing looks like that! when it retreateed into the hole it was still visable and as I stared at it it didnt come out again. when I came back with the flashlight the hole was empty, completely empty.

WWWD
11-10-2006, 04:09 AM
Sounds like a hairy crab.. Kill it before it gets big and eats everything.

Canadbis
11-10-2006, 04:15 AM
Well Son of a...
Found him.
he moved when the flashlight hit him and yep it is a teeny weeny crab
How do I catch him?

Tarolisol
11-10-2006, 05:56 AM
Well Son of a...
Found him.
he moved when the flashlight hit him and yep it is a teeny weeny crab
How do I catch him?

with a small point stick.

GrimReefer
11-14-2006, 05:04 PM
i caught several by placing a large peice of krill in a tall glass, leaned against the rocks at night. the idea is that he'll drop in for the krill but the glass is too slippery for him to climb. you'll also catch nearly every hermit crab in your tank.

G1GY
11-15-2006, 04:19 AM
Just use something pointy and smash him. :)