PDA

View Full Version : I need a bigger CA Reactor!

One_Divided
11-08-2006, 11:18 PM
I need to move to a bigger reactor. Mine just isn't cutting it. I go through about an inch per week of media (4" acrylic). and my feed pump died the other day resulting in the reactor pump burning out!

Anyone have any suggestions or anything for sale? I don't want to spend much. I should move to 6" acrylic with a bigger chamber.

-A

Chin_Lee
11-08-2006, 11:36 PM
somethings very wrong if you are going through 1" per week!!! make sure your circulating pump is working well pushing water through the media.

I need to move to a bigger reactor. Mine just isn't cutting it. I go through about an inch per week of media (4" acrylic). and my feed pump died the other day resulting in the reactor pump burning out!

Anyone have any suggestions or anything for sale? I don't want to spend much. I should move to 6" acrylic with a bigger chamber.

-A

Tarolisol
11-09-2006, 12:26 AM
If his perameters are all correct he might just have a high calicum load and in a 4" acrylic reactor he could go through an inch a week.

One_Divided
11-09-2006, 01:00 AM
Yeah, I have the thing crankin..It's ona 50g system loaded with SPS. It may be less then 1"/week but it's still a lot. I double checked my circulation pump and it is actually ok.. Not sure exactly what is going on but I am definately on the market for a new reactor.. Moderator feel free to move this to another forum if you want..

Tarolisol
11-09-2006, 02:14 AM
What media are you using?

Tom R
11-09-2006, 03:21 AM
Hockey Nut has one for sale

http://216.187.96.54/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28032