PDA

View Full Version : Went to Halifax today....

kuatto
11-08-2006, 01:14 AM
Was in Halifax and stopped into a local fish store.I decided to see what they had for salt and was scared of the prices I seen,$40.00 for a yellow tailed damsal !! I couldn't help but laugh,guess I will be ordering all my livestock on-line.:)

Beverly
11-08-2006, 02:03 AM
Hey, Jim! Glad to hear from you :biggrin:

$40 is a bit steep for a damsel, for sure.

How are things in your new location?

Joe Reefer
11-08-2006, 04:19 AM
ouch! How much for a desirable fish. :mrgreen:

kuatto
11-08-2006, 03:10 PM
I thought it was an error,so I asked and was told that was the correct price.I didn't even bother to look further.On another note,I won't have to worry about buying snails or hermits,just go to the beach at the end of the driveway:) A few guys in the area are using them with great results.

kuatto
11-08-2006, 03:17 PM
I thought it was an error,so I asked and was told that was the correct price.I didn't even bother to look further.On another note,I won't have to worry about buying snails or hermits,just go to the beach at the end of the driveway:) A few guys in the area are using them with great results.

JHG
11-08-2006, 11:23 PM
Kuatto,

Which store in Halifax did you visit? Was it Pets Unlimited?

I live in Halifax can attest that there is limited marine livestock, however Aqua Creations carries a nice variety of animals. Where exactly is East River?

If you have a chance pop by and visit the local marine society's forum - www.masns.ca/forum (Marine Aquarium Society of Nova Scotia). We organize regular monthly group orders from suppliers such as Aquaria Canada and J&L.

J

kuatto
11-10-2006, 11:10 PM
I just asked Krisdeann and she believes it was Pets Unlimited,we stopped to pick up dog food.I already visit the board of MASNS.East River is along hwy 329 between Chester and the Hubbards,nice quiet strip along the water.
As much as I miss all my friends in Alberta,I could never give up the ocean view we have,especially the sun sets.

dunl
11-11-2006, 06:28 AM
Ahhh, memories of back east, as I sit with my Keiths.

Good time to start a lobster tank in the garage,eh?

kuatto
11-11-2006, 10:16 PM
I wish,all I keep finding are fresh scallops washing up every time the water gets rough.Lobster season opens again the end of November and will be around $7 - $9 a pound.
I would love to set up a cold water tank just to raise the large crabs and shell fish :).

dunl
11-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Got a garage? Long as you keep the water moving and a heater in it, it should stay cold during the winter and not freeze. Easy to keep from overheating, too.