PDA

View Full Version : Something eating my torch and frogspawn

molybdenumman
11-08-2006, 12:23 AM
In the past few months I have found that my otherwise healthy (very full) torch and frogspawn are being eaten??? The heads are alright, but the skeleton itself is diminishing (it kinda looks like a beaver has attacked the skeleton). I don't think its the fish, they would more likely go after the heads themselves. Has anyone ever seen this attack on the base of the coral? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-08-2006, 12:53 AM
Need details.

Like what fish & inverts are in your tank? Could it be a hitchhiker crab or something?

My wife wanted a big scarlet hermit crab & every night it would come out & scrape off all the coraline algae off my LR. Eventually, the LR went from colourful to white scrape marks all over.

Anthony

WWWD
11-08-2006, 01:56 AM
Are you dosing with any calcium at all?

molybdenumman
11-08-2006, 03:37 PM
Fish: Regal and yellow tang, coral beauty, flame angel, six-line, 2 percs.
Inverts: Blue and scarlett hermits, snails, tiger cowrie (not from him, he's been in my refugium taking a "break"). Aldo a few orange spot hermits and blue leg hermits.

About two months ago I tore my tank apart to get an unknown crab out of my tank. About the size of a twonie.

My calcium has been pretty stable at about 380 ppm for months.

If there are any other details required, please let me know.

shelleyr
11-08-2006, 09:25 PM
My blue leg hermits have eaten the stalks of my candycane almost all the way through - it doesn't seem to hurt the heads but I had to break it off and reattach it.