PDA

View Full Version : http://saltwaterfantasies.com/

GinKu
10-16-2002, 03:30 AM
ne suggestions before i buy anything at this place?
dez told me that there finsh are always infected with ich
so far i had one fish infected with ich and
if i do buy ne fish i will need a q tank, can i just use my fresh water fish and convert it to saltwater?
will i have to wait for the cycle or will that be alright for it?

EmilyB
10-16-2002, 04:20 AM
I ordered my foxface, my harem of lemonpeel angels, and several other fish from Ray over the last few years that I don't recall right now. The harem was especially well done, with all different sizes per my request. All fish arrived healthy.

I never had a problem, and MO service was very professional. I have never actually been there, however.

BTW, if he has the orange knobby starfish in stock yet, let me know..... :wink:

QT is an important part of the hobby. You can use an aquaclear or similar filter with a seeded sponge from your main tank. Small QT size tanks need to be monitored constantly for ammonia.

JMO.

P.S. Dez works for the competition.... :P :lol: OK, I've never been to Dez's store either...lol :wink: That's if Dez survived my neighbor......bad neighbor... :evil:

FishGeek
10-16-2002, 07:03 AM
I find that nobody can touch Ray when it comes to fish prices and he does seem to get in some very rare specimens. But I have to agree that his fish seem to get sick easier than others. Usually ich but sometimes worse things! So far I have had a 50/50 survival rate from him. But of the ones to survive, are some of the best ones I've seen in the city (Hey Dez? :D Yellow tang? Wink Wink! ) Now his corals on the other hand is another story! He gets some of the best corals and at the best prices! All his corals seem very health and live a long time. (maybe It's because they don't stay in his system long because they sell so fast!) All I'm trying to say is be cautious and always quarantine your fish!

Simon

GinKu
10-16-2002, 03:16 PM
great thanx for the post guys
well hum i have to get rid of my betta fish that i'd spawned this summer i have about 50-60 of them in my 20 gallon tank and want to convert it to a q tank

chicki
11-01-2002, 12:07 PM
Ginku, you can also use some type of ammonia remover. Works quite well ( if you not treating the tank with anything) Also, you might have to feed kinda light and do water changes of probably 30-50% every other day or so. Really monitor the ammonia, cuz it can get high real quickly.
When I was real green (well, greener then I am now!LOL) Ray sold me a flowerpot and told me it was easy to keep??? When I got home and looked it up in one of my books I realized it was a gonipora. Didn't think that was very honest of him. Just look at the fish really closely and try to determine if they are a healthy specimen. Then buy it and QUARANTINE!!!for at least 2 weeks, preferably 3
good luck