PDA

View Full Version : moving advise

dockrat
11-06-2006, 04:37 AM
Well the time has come, I must move out of my small appartment into a new place, but that means moving my aquariums... I have done some reseach on this and think i have a pretty good plan... I have got enough fish bags for every thing , cooler for transporting the coarls, got a tub for all the live rocks, have some pales for live rock with corals attached, will have lots fresh salt water made , got spare aquarium set to recive corals and I have tryed to frag all the coarls i own because if one dies i'll have a back up but there are a few frags that i cant frag yet... is there any thing i should be planning for? the move is not far 20min or so...

Pan
11-06-2006, 05:44 AM
buy some of those water jugs that you put in coolers for the water in your tanks then you need less fresh made water, unless you are making it ahead of time. warm up your vehicle first too :)

oh wait didn't notice that your from vancouver....forget needing to warm up your car :)

Johnny Reefer
11-06-2006, 06:08 AM
buy some of those water jugs that you put in coolers for the water in your tanks .....
I'm moving soon too.
Any idea what they cost and do they buy them back?

Thanx much,

Der_Iron_Chef
11-06-2006, 06:11 AM
I get my RO/DI water in them...they're about $4 with a $10 refundable deposit.

dockrat
11-06-2006, 08:01 AM
thanks for the advice on the tank water i will be taking 20g from the old tank... yhea there about 10.00 and some places like super markets will retun them.

Manny
11-06-2006, 06:38 PM
When I moved from Victoria to Vancouver I filled a cooler (about 15-20gal) about half full and moved all my fish in that. I only have 6 fish. It worked great. I think that a cooler is the way to go as it will keep the temp. stable for a long time. I also had 2 of those styraphome boxes that fish staore use to ship livestock in for all my coral. I did not loose one thing in the move.