PDA

View Full Version : Where the heck have you been?

Ruth
11-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Well looking outside today to about 6 inches of fresh snow and minus 12 I don't imagine that I am the only one pondering a winter vacation to someplace tropical. I though it might be interesting to see where people have visited and what they liked/disliked about it. Thinking of the more tropical vacation spots.
Since I am the smuck asking I'll start.
Cancun Mexico - 1982, before it was really built up and commercial and just loved it - was my first time on a sun and fun vacation.
Thailand and Hong Kong (Koh Samui and Koh Tao) Loved Thailand and got my PADI diving certification while I was there - I would go back in a heartbeat. Hong Kong was OK - wonderful shopping but very crowded and polluted.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Malaysia & Japan mostly. Born in Penang, a small tropical island off the West Coast (always been a West Coast guy, I guess), but we traveled all over the country, including Kuala Lumpur (KL) and across the causeway to Singapore.

Went to Yokohama in '83 and did the Japan exchange program through UBC's exchange club in 88'. Stayed mostly in Kyoto & Osaka, but also visited Nara, Kobe, Yohohama & Tokyo.

Other than that, haven't done much traveling outside western North America.

Anthony

marie
11-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Vacation? Whats that?

Tarolisol
11-05-2006, 04:28 PM
When we got snow in calgary here a couple days ago I immediatly booked a Vacation to Hawaii in mid december. Aloha.

mark
11-05-2006, 05:01 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h316/das75/Phil_backgnd.jpg
Outside of El Nido, Palawan Philippines. This was typical, hire a boat to take you island hoping. Only people would be the yourself (and family) and the guys from the boat.

Go now as they're just trying to get tourism going.

Some of the areas would be similiar the Thailand geographically (islets, linestone cliffs).