PDA

View Full Version : Seio Controllers

WWWD
11-05-2006, 08:49 AM
I just saw the Seio controller is now available on the Marine Depot site http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=TA3771

http://www.marinedepot.com/IMD%5C150%5CTA3771.jpg

Has anyone had a chance to try one yet or heard anything about them? Im curious as whenever my 1100 seems to shut off I need to do some witchcraft to get it running again. I wonder how this would work with a controller.

Dave C
11-05-2006, 12:59 PM
Good point. I've only got 620s in my tank so the point is moot for me. But I wonder if this controller will be able to pick up my one problematic starter, smack it on the top of the tank edge 3 or 4 times to show that it means business and then put it back in the tank to get it to go back on.

Reefhawk1
11-05-2006, 04:56 PM
I have the same problem with my 1500. I have to unplug it and plug it back in several times to get it to run again.

support@proline
11-05-2006, 05:40 PM
The seio controller will be here in a couple of weeks ,I have seen them ,but never had the chance to play with them much ,I know one controller can handle 2 pumps,I will let you know as soon as we have them in.

WWWD
11-05-2006, 06:48 PM
The seio controller will be here in a couple of weeks ,I have seen them ,but never had the chance to play with them much ,I know one controller can handle 2 pumps,I will let you know as soon as we have them in.

Great.. Since you seem to be the rep are you also the guy to talk to about all these dodgey Seio powerheads that won't turn back on when you unplug them?

support@proline
11-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Yes & No
Of course Proline is the Rep for TAAM ,however we do not directly deal with the end user.
If the pump is defective ,within warranty terms the store you bought it from should offer you a replacement & yes we replace it for them as well.
Please go back to the shop you bought it from to have the pump looked at.
If your Lfs ,have any questions in regards to if thy can get a replacement from us or not ,if it is a store we deal with ,we be more than happy to replace it for them given the fact the pump is defective.
Now,keep in mind that Seois turn on will not be the same as vortechs or tunzes :mrgreen: ,that will be a given.They have different magnetic casing the cool off time will be diffrent than other pumps ,.......
But as I said once again ,best thing to do will be to visit the store you bought it from ,I am not sure what the issue is with the pump you have & if it does fall into warranty issue or terms.
Now if you have a faulty pump ,lets assume you buy a powerhead & right out of the box it is not working @ all ,you return to the shop & nothing is done for you ,inthat case please contact us or the manufacturer & we will contact the store for you to make sure you get the service you deserve.
I hope this helps

Great.. Since you seem to be the rep are you also the guy to talk to about all these dodgey Seio powerheads that won't turn back on when you unplug them?

kwirky
11-05-2006, 07:27 PM
i wonder why the controllers have to be above the water level?

support@proline
11-05-2006, 07:29 PM
I was not aware of that sean ,I will definately look into that once we receive them.

DanG
11-05-2006, 09:56 PM

It's probably just so it doesn't get wet.

Tarolisol
11-05-2006, 11:24 PM
I thought that as well, but it says not to place them under aquarium stands or anything like that as well.