PDA

View Full Version : what to add to nano tank?

nanoreefer
10-30-2006, 08:02 PM
i was wondering what people add to there nanos in terms of suplements(iodine, kalkwasher, plankton ect)sence mine never seems to have good coral growth or anything and i was looking for some idease sence iam setting up a biocube 8g:biggrin:

christyf5
10-30-2006, 08:36 PM
All I've added to mine is alk booster and reef-roids. I figure regular waterchanges pretty much takes care of the water chemistry, although I don't have an iodine kit.

Flusher
10-30-2006, 11:27 PM
I dose with aragaMILK from time to time. It's cheap, and in a nano, it'll last forever. I also spot-feed my corals Reef-roids every once in awhile, too.
________
LAMBORGHINI ISLERO HISTORY (http://www.lamborghini-tech.com/wiki/Lamborghini_Islero)

Ruth
10-31-2006, 12:06 AM
Regular, large (like 50% or more a week) water changes. Every once in a while I dose some Phyto and maybe once a month some reef roids. Thats about it and I have great growth on all corals.
Also have a very low bioload in all my nano's - in fact the only one that has more than one fish is my 20g which has 2 percula clowns and a yellow goby. My other 20g has one tomato clown my 10g has a Mantis shrimp and my other 10g has a yasha hashi gobie and a pistol shrimp.