PDA

View Full Version : Polyp Lab Medic Parasite Treatment work?

surgeonfish
10-30-2006, 05:33 AM
I have a box fish, sailfin tang and hippo tang with ich. I have treated them in the past with No Sick Fish Ich treatment and it worked well without harming my soft corals, LPS or SPS corals or inverts. I tried to order some from J&L. Because of some bureaucracy, it and lots of other meds are no longer available, at least not from J&L's. They recommended Polyp Lab Medic Parasite Treatment (only thing left on their website for ich). Has anyone used this with success? Any reports of adverse affects on corals?
Tanks,

Psyire
10-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Hello,

I'm currently on day 7 of the 7 day treatment. Ich was introduced to my tank a few weeks ago. I have several big tangs, rabbitfish, and quite a few small fish in the display. I only have 1 fish showing signs of ich at the moment and that is my Atlantic Blue Tang. It seems to be worse as the day goes on, as he has no signs in the morning when the lights come on.

So far Medic hasn't erradicated my ich problem, but it is better. I can say that my corals & inverts haven't reacted at all to the treatment, however I have no SPS in the tank at the moment. (only softies, LPS, & inverts/fish)

Hope this helps... some. (I will post back when I am totally through the treatment and let you guys know if it completely destroyed the ich)

FishFun
10-31-2006, 01:45 AM
Ive used 2 bottles of the Polyp Lab Medic Parasite Treatment & was in direct contact with Polyp Lab trying to come up with a proper dose to ride the ich but in my tank, but did not work at all. It didn't harm my corals or anemone at all even though we steped up the dose (Polyp Lab susgestion) to about double whats recomended & it did nothing. This does not mean it will not work for you. Every tank is diffrent & not all ich are immune to all treatments. I have a big uv light that I turned on & use a timer to run it all night as thats when ich is free swimming & its doing 10x better than the treatment. Im not knocking the Polyp Lab product at all, it just didn't work for me & cost me over $80!!!! Just my 2 cents...........

revgeoff
10-31-2006, 02:17 AM
Big Als still sells the no sick fish. I am trying that right now...for the price it better work (just on day errr...night one).