PDA

View Full Version : Mud

clintyiu
12-20-2001, 09:05 PM
I notice that the new Aquariums West carries the Ecosystem filters now. Their main display with this filter looks pretty good but there is quite a bit of red cyano. Maybe it caused by the new tank syndrome.

The last FAMA also has a short article on some guy's reef's development over the last ten years. In the end he uses and recommends (indirectly) the ecosystem method although the tank doesn't look too great with it.

The 2002 annual still says a skimmer is a must for reefs.

What do you guys think of the miracle mud? Anyone tried it here?

Tropical Paradise
01-02-2002, 11:33 AM
Hi,

I have ecosystem 40 on my 46 gallon tank. It's been running for about a year now. The only filteration in my tank is the LR and Ecosystem. There's no protein skimmer.

I've personally been to Ecosystem in Irvine, CA and talked to Leng Sy before. The product was easy to setup, and I am very happy with it. Shadetree (Scott) has seen my tank with it. He agrees that the tank is in a good shape with Ecosystem.

They are expensive though images/smiles/icon_mad.gif images/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Kai-Wei

titus
01-02-2002, 02:57 PM
Hello,

Just my very own personal opinion here.
I believe a good skimmer is necessary but that's just all that a tank would ever need. The live rock and sand bed is providing all the bio filtration necessary.

Recently my skimmer pump died and I've been running skimmerless for like (I don't know) a month now? Other than the water getting smellier and I went to use some carbon, the bio filtration provided by the rocks and sand bed was good enough to keep the system going.