PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on a dog

mark
10-26-2006, 04:45 AM
Wife's aunt is offering her ShihTzu/Bichon cross puppy to us.

Personally I'm a big dog fan having grown up with Labs, Old English Sheep and such and with the only small dog being a Lhasa Apso (we each hated each other).

Any thoughts on the temperament on the cross?

Tarolisol
10-26-2006, 04:57 AM
I think it will have a lot to do with the individual dog not the mix of breeds. I have a lhasa apso that is awsome and nice to everyone.

marie
10-26-2006, 05:19 AM
Any breed of dog can have bad temperments, I'm a dog groomer and i have met some really nice shih-tzu/bichons and some not so nice ones. You just have to remember that no matter how cute they are, they are still a dog and if you let them get away with things they will become power hungry :lol:

EmilyB
10-26-2006, 06:27 AM
I hate small dogs so I wish you the best..:lol:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-26-2006, 06:57 AM
I've known some great little dogs & some that pee & poo everywhere. A lot of it will depend on temperment, but much will also depend on the previous owner. Good owners usually train their dogs to be good dogs for pets.

We're dogsitting 2 golden retrievers next week & though they used to be my favourite breed, with all the shedding, I'm changing my mind.

Anthony

scotchy
10-26-2006, 10:13 AM
We have three ShihTzu-Bichon cross dogs and I think they are absolutely fantastic breed of dog. Our two year old daughter torments these dogs, dressing ,changing bums, doing their hair and they have never shown an ounce of agression toward her. When they get sick of it they just go hide for some dog time. We raised two from puppies and the other one was given to us at around 4 years old having never been around children. I recommend them highly.

Scott

Farrmanchu
10-26-2006, 11:16 AM
I know a Shi-Tzu is not a "normal" dog. They are bred to sit on laps. My parents had a couple of them with Papers and the whole bit, show dogs. They drank out of a big Hamster bottle thing, so their facial hair didn't get wet. Real car dumb too, but did well with horses and cows, go figure. The mix you're talking about is a good house/lap dog, likely good with kids, but will not stand a chance against the Roti of the block.

Joe Reefer
10-26-2006, 02:21 PM
We have a Bullmastiff, yes he is a large puppy and still growing. Even thought his size is big he makes a great pet. One word LAZY.

Bill
10-26-2006, 02:45 PM
We have a ShihTzu/Bichon cross and she's great. Extremely affectionate, loyal, and full of energy.

muck
10-26-2006, 03:00 PM
We have a Bullmastiff, yes he is a large puppy and still growing. Even thought his size is big he makes a great pet. One word LAZY.
They say Dogs are like their owners.. :mrgreen:

mark
10-29-2006, 09:32 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h316/das75/dog.jpg

Ruth
10-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Well that is one cute pooch!