PDA

View Full Version : 7 month bulbs 14K

Skimmerking
10-26-2006, 12:33 AM
Well I have 7 month Sun Aqutics 14 K bulbs. One of them shifted color more like a 1 0K bulb on the 2-3 month period. So I went out and bought 2 new 14 K coralvue bulbs I have 2 pendants and the lights are 15" from the water. I can raise my lights another 6 " if I want too . I thought about switching my lights and raising them. Do you think that it would be ok or I might bleach them or lower the corals to the bottom and switch the lights ..

I have acros on the top and zoo's .

Myself and Doug were talking and would like to see what others would say....

littlesilvermax
10-26-2006, 02:07 PM
I never like to move corals too much, especailly if they are new. It changes flow and that is not good for an acclimating coral.

Egg-crate and some window screen (3 or 4 layers) should help you acclimate them nicely. Take off one layer of window screen every 3 or 4 days.

If the frags came from flourescent only tanks then I would use 5 layers and take one off every 5 days.

Joe Reefer
10-26-2006, 02:40 PM
I would just switch them out and see what happens :wink: , if things start to go south then I would move the lights up and maybe use some screen. Its not like your going from pc to mh or 150's to 400's.:mrgreen: