PDA

View Full Version : my best kept secret

smellsfishy
10-25-2006, 04:30 PM
actually i try to share anything i know to be true or works. Got your attention though eh
After getting an infection in one of my finger joints, from a festuring bristleworm sword/needle (yes ouch) thus not allowing me to work for a couple days i decided to get creative. I discovered that i could protect those digits from harm if i cut the fingers off of a pair of rubber gloves.
Just buy one size smaller of the heavy duty rubber gloves and wash out the flock lining before use if it has it. works awesome if your moving around lot's of rock, anything sharp,or just don't know what your going to grab times, bristleworms are no problem now

Der_Iron_Chef
10-25-2006, 04:51 PM

Twisted-1
10-25-2006, 10:33 PM
I personally use Nitrile surgical gloves (powder Free).

They are puncture resistant and you keep good mobility with your hands. The only problem is they only go to the wrist so I have to use elastic bands to seal them to my wrist, otherwise they fill with water(sucks). Another bonus is they come in packs of like 100 so they last forever.

Just an alternative to bigger rubber gloves but still do the same job.

Chad
10-25-2006, 10:52 PM
I use the latex gloves as well, however at first I was pretty insistant on getting powder free.. but for the last couple of boxes ( about 5 ) I have not bothered and have seen no ill effects from the powder.

Matt
10-26-2006, 01:42 AM
The powder is corn starch with some latex dust. It shouldn't be a problem, unless you or your fish have a latex or corn allergy.

Farrmanchu
10-26-2006, 06:16 AM
You don't find that there's an immunity to BWs after awhile? I was fragging a rock yesterday, and I pulled one off with my bare fingers, no effect. When I started Reefing, it would have hurt.