PDA

View Full Version : Very very sad news for me

Ruth
10-24-2006, 02:49 AM
It is with a huge amount of sadness that I am letting you know that this
past weekend, while I was in Edmonton - some cruel and heartless person shot my precious Nala. She managed to make it onto the front deck of my house where she died.
I have a pretty good idea who did this but of course no proof.
She was a beautiful and very good little dog who I have never know to wander out of my yard but I have one very cruel neighbour.
I am devastated by her loss and just can't seem to stop crying.
I just don't understand some people. I live in the country on 30 acres and I have livestock that she has nevered ever bothered and like I say I have never known her to go out of the yard.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e384/RuthCh/Nala3mo.jpg

Delphinus
10-24-2006, 02:51 AM
Oh my God. That's so horrible. :(

I am so so very sorry for your loss.

Delphinus
10-24-2006, 02:53 AM
There has got to be some recourse. You can't just shoot an animal. I hope you have the RCMP involved at this point.

prosnow
wow, i just got a new puppy, and have had dogs for many years, i would go crazy if ever found a person who would do such a thing,

i'm really sorry to hear about your dog,

GrimReefer
that's terrible! sorry for your loss.

have you contacted the police??

Chaloupa
10-24-2006, 02:54 AM
OH NO! That is absolutely HORRIBLE! You know who did it? No way to charge them? I feel so sad for you Ruth...I remember reading about her when you first got her in August....she was still a puppy....my heart goes out to you.

howdy20012002
10-24-2006, 03:00 AM
I am truly sorry to hear about your loss Ruth.
It truly is amazing what some people will do to another being.
Good luck in bringing the bast@rd to justice.
Neal

Ruth
10-24-2006, 03:04 AM
I don't know if there is anything that I can do. I am only guessing at who I think shot her and I tried to find a blood trail to follow but could not. I have sent an e-mail to my RCMP friend but I don't have any proof - only suspicion at this point.
I am still in shock over this - this dog was rarely even outside unless it was with me. When I left for work in the morning she was put in her crate until my son got up. He works night shift so he would be with her all day until I got home from work. Then we would go for a walk and she just wanted to spend time with people so she would be for the most part inside except to go to the bathroom. She always just stuck around my old fat yellow lab who never ventures very far at all.

shadowboy
10-24-2006, 03:07 AM
Very sorry for your loss, she was a beatiful dog, our neighbor poisioned our golden retriever, and cut our trees down, luckily the dog survived.
There will come a day when your tears of sorrow will softly flow into tears of remembrance.
tris

MobyDick
10-24-2006, 03:07 AM
I have 3 dogs and am very sad to hear of this!my heart goes out to your puppy......:<

Delphinus
10-24-2006, 03:10 AM
I don't know if there's anything that can come out of it either, but I suggest you report it nonetheless. This is a serious serious crime if gunplay was involved, I would go so far as to say public safety is at risk.

Again, I'm truly sorry for your loss. :(

Cap'n
10-24-2006, 03:34 AM
Why would the neighbour you suspect target your puppy and not your old lab?

I don't understand people who can kill a member of someone's family and think nothing of it. Very sorry for your loss. Bad enough to lose a good dog but that's a terrible way to go.

I would definitely report it, but I doubt you will be satisfied. If I KNEW who did it but couldn't prove it, I would confront the cruel bastard then take away something they love. I doubt it would be a living being.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-24-2006, 03:45 AM
Maybe report it to the local SPCA as well. Get some official record of the incident so if later there is proof or something, they can at least start to build the case.

That person should be composted. And we thought all the kooks lived in the cities.

Really sorry for your loss.

Anthony

Ruth
10-24-2006, 03:50 AM
Why anyone would do this is a question I cannot answer. I mean even the rule of the bush is if you do shoot something you make sure they are dead and not suffering someplace. I have never had a complaint about my animals - and on the off chance she did go into someone's yard all it would have taken is to come over or phone and let me know.
I have no proof but I do know that this guy is very very weird. He has apparently shot other dogs in the neighborhood and according to one of my other neighbors even had a dead dog nailed up to his shed for a while.
Gunplay is serious and I will wait to hear back from my RCMP friend - but at the end of the day my precious little angel is still gone and she suffered a horrible death and nothing I do can change that.

deep6er
10-24-2006, 04:04 AM
My heart goes out to you. I lost my dog due to someone feeding him anifreeze. They never did find the person who did it.
Be strong, im sure your dog is in a better place.

G1GY
10-24-2006, 04:17 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss Ruth. :(

It's kind of a sad, but people are the most unpredictable animals on this planet.

With any luck you'll see this retard stuck beside the road in a snowstorn this winter and just drive right on by.

I'm a firm beleiver that you'll always get what you give and people like this will get payback sooner or later.

Again, sorry to hear this. :hugs:

Johnny Reefer
10-24-2006, 04:18 AM
My condolences Ruth. I shed a tear for thee.

OCDP
10-24-2006, 04:20 AM
Ruth, my goodness I am so so sorry to hear of this.

I will keep you and your puppy in my prayers. I again, am so sorry to hear this...

Jason McK
10-24-2006, 04:37 AM
Ruth,
It is hard to believe the the horrible cruelty of people. I am so very sorry for your loss and the way it has come about is truly awful.

Jason and Catherine

Der_Iron_Chef
10-24-2006, 04:42 AM
So sorry for your loss :sad:

Blessings,

Drew.

Cap'n
10-24-2006, 05:10 AM
im sure your dog is in a better place.

There's no better place for a dog than with the family that loves them.

Tarolisol
10-24-2006, 05:12 AM
I am soo sad for you, its people like that who should be behind bars. Or better yet let me know his address and he wont be able to hurt another animal.

EmilyB
10-24-2006, 05:21 AM
Horrible. Just horrible. :cry: I hope there is something to come out of that.

We are in a battle with our neighbor because when the dogs bark in the house it wakes up her kid......apparently.... We already went through the barking outside thing, and the dogs are only out when we are.

Some people just hate dogs, and I wish I didn't have to live near them.:twised:

Psyire
10-24-2006, 05:37 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss Ruth. Karma's a bitch and whoever shot your dog will find that out one day.

reeferaddict
10-24-2006, 05:38 AM
You know Ruth... we used to live in a time when if someone shot your dog for no reason you'd be heralded as a SAINT for having the patience to call the cops... If it was me and I owned a gun he'd probably have a few rounds fired through his windows... (Good thing I don't own a gun eh???)

I am very sorry for your loss and outraged that some psycho like this is roaming the countryside...

ed99
10-24-2006, 06:54 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss. People without dogs don't understand how much apart of the family they are for those of us who are lucky enough to have one. The penalties for cruelty/murder are not tough enough.

Ed

Joe Reefer
10-24-2006, 12:22 PM
OMG, sorry to hear of your loss Ruth. Some kind of neighbor you have there.

christyf5
10-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Wow Ruth, I'm so sorry to hear this. I can't believe how cruel some people can be. Someone used my cat for target practice when I was younger and I'll never forget it. I hope the RCMP can do something about this. :neutral:

Jaws
10-24-2006, 02:26 PM
I don't have any words for this cruelty. I've always loved every animal I've owned like a member of the family since I was born. I can't imagine what amount of rage I would be feeling in your shoes but I can assure you it wouldn't be pretty. If I did ever determine the person who did something like that to my animal I can assure you I wouldn't be so nice to end their life so quickly with something like a gun. My utmost condolences and I hope you do whatever you can to find and punish the person responsible.

muck
10-24-2006, 02:56 PM
Sorry to hear about your pup Ruth.. I know you looked far and wide for just the right little girl too.
May she rest in peace.. :cry:

Chin_Lee
10-24-2006, 03:31 PM
Ruth very sorry to hear
you really should report this to the RCMP.
I've sent you a PM.
Chin

Chowder
10-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Sorry to here about your loss Ruth. It always amazes me how heartless people can be. All my best to you at this sad time.

kellehar
10-24-2006, 05:53 PM
im so sorry to hear about your loss, i hope you find the person and the police do somthing about this.

april kellehar

RicePaddy
10-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Wow, you would think that if someone had a problem with your pets they would have told you or tried to catch the dog and send it to the animal shelter. Shooting and killing a pet is a criminal act and you should report it.

Will

anglfish
10-24-2006, 06:20 PM
OMG Ruth. I can't believe this happened. How on earth can some people be so cruel. I am very sorry for your loss.

Beverly
10-24-2006, 09:35 PM
I have no proof but I do know that this guy is very very weird. He has apparently shot other dogs in the neighborhood and according to one of my other neighbors even had a dead dog nailed up to his shed for a while.
Gunplay is serious and I will wait to hear back from my RCMP friend - but at the end of the day my precious little angel is still gone and she suffered a horrible death and nothing I do can change that.

Ruth,

My most sincere condolences to you during this horrible tragedy :cry:

One thing I have say about this neighbour of yours is that he is a remorseless killer. Of dogs. So far. There have been studies linking people who abuse and kill animals to people who eventually go on to kill people. I'd be very cautious of dealing directly with this guy with regard to the death of your beloved dog.

On the other hand, I'm glad to hear you have contacted the RCMP. I also urge you to follow the suggestions of contacting the local SPCA.

I'd also discuss with the RCMP whether or not to contact local media. A newspaper article, for instance, can do wonders to bring the situation of missing and dead dogs out into the open in your community. Others may come forward to the RCMP with complaints, and perhaps on the basis of several complaints, the RCMP may have some teeth to go after your neighbour. However, as I said before, this guy is a remorseless killer. Make sure the RCMP are supportive of this course of action.

I may have watched a little too much CSI, but if at all possible, with the support of the RCMP and/or the SPCA, try to get a vet to remove the bullet from your dog. This may be expensive and emotionally hard to do, but it may be the only evidence you have to indicate who may have shot your dog.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss :cry:

Quagmire
10-25-2006, 12:29 AM
:sad:

michika
10-25-2006, 01:18 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss!

Ruth
10-25-2006, 02:10 AM
Thank you so much everyone for your support, caring and kind words. After spending all day today thinking about it more and screwing up my resolve I decided to take your advise and go into the police station to report this with enough composure that I was sure I wouldn't just dissolve into a bawling mess. So I get to the station at 5pm and they are closed except for emergencies - which of course it is to me but I didn't think it would qualify. So I will be going in first thing tomorrow morning.

StirCrazy
10-25-2006, 12:15 PM
Thank you so much everyone for your support, caring and kind words. After spending all day today thinking about it more and screwing up my resolve I decided to take your advise and go into the police station to report this with enough composure that I was sure I wouldn't just dissolve into a bawling mess. So I get to the station at 5pm and they are closed except for emergencies - which of course it is to me but I didn't think it would qualify. So I will be going in first thing tomorrow morning.

I can tell you at this point there isn't much they will be able to do but still report it, you never know.. what should have happened is you called them in as soon as you saw what happened, before anything was disturbed..

I had a dog that was shot by a neighboring farmer once.. I had no idea what the dog was up to as he was well behaved as far as I knew but I guess he was raiding chickens at night..

Steve

Farrmanchu
10-25-2006, 02:42 PM
If I lived closer, I'd offer a different brand of justice. You don't want this guy living next to you, and there are ways to encourage a move.
I don't know if the RCMP knocking on his door will help matters, make sure everyone around you knows about this tragedy, Karma works much faster that way.

Very sorry to hear about your loss.

Quagmire
10-26-2006, 12:15 AM
I don't thing the RCMP will be able to do much either,but I think just having the situation on record may help.This sort of thing sticks in a persons mind,and if/when the samething happens again later a conection can be made.Cops can be pretty good at putting the scews to someone when they don't have solid proof,but know they are guilty.

Ruth
10-26-2006, 01:22 AM
Well I did go in and report it today to the RCMP. The constable was extremely nice and it was kind of funny because she and her husband have been researching getting a Ridgeback and had talked to the same breeder that I bought Nala from. She is going to try and talk to my neighbor (if he will answer the door - he didn't when I beat on it) and check him out.
She is going to get back to me this weekend and let me know how she makes out.

bulletsworld
11-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Ooo Ruth, my sincere condolences go out to you. You were so excited when you found your girl too. I can only imagine how devastated this all is.

I remember my mom's cat got poisoned in the summer by her bastard neighbour. She found it passed away on her step in the morning, suffered a horrible death. My mom bawled for days and still blames herself for letting it out & not back in that night. Found out later that this neighbour has been assumed of poisoning other neighbour cats, but again no proof. Horrible cruelty! I believe what comes around goes around. Its just a matter of time. As horrible as this may sound... I heard a couple of months back, that this neighbour (cat posioner) got hauled away in an ambulance and never come back. Was told by neighbours that he passed away of a massive heart attack. YESSSSSSSSSSS! Opps.. did I say that. But he got what was coming to him, that bastard.

Please don’t blame yourself though. Your Nala knew loved her. Even though the pain is to hard to bare now. It will get better. Best of all she will be in your dreams & heart forever loved and no one can take that away from you.

*SUPER HUGS*

Lee

LostMind
11-14-2006, 11:58 PM
I don't venture to the lounge here often. But I can't believe I've just read this. I have a 13 month old mini dachshund and I know I'd just absolutely lose it if I found him willfully harmed by my neighbour.

My deepest condolences... I lose faith in our race a little more each day.

Ruth
11-15-2006, 02:22 AM
Thank you for you kind words everyone. It has indeed been very difficult to get through this but thankfully I took lots of pictures of her and have video as well. The good news is that having the RCMP investigate the people that own the property are now determined to get this guy out of there! Although there is no proof everyone is pretty sure that it was him. I have also found out that the breeder I bought her from plans another litter next year so I have put my name on the wait list to get another puppy. Of course it will never be another Nala but she will be loved just the same.
I have also purchased 2 new Bengal kittens (well they are 5 months old) as my dear old calico (17 years old) finally had to be put down after a full and fun life. That was my decision (and her's I think too) It was hard to do but I knew that her quality of life was suffering and her organs had started to fail.

Chaloupa
11-15-2006, 03:04 AM
2 Bengals Ruth...are you crazy or just a sucker for punishment?!

Seriously though, congrats...we see a couple at work and are they ever BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

Reefhawk1
11-15-2006, 03:09 AM
You can have my two Bengal cats :mrgreen: Little terrors :biggrin: