PDA

View Full Version : New tank.

Doug
10-11-2002, 11:49 PM
Just an update on the new tank. Been busy working on it, plus work, plus getting ready for all the weekends company.

First a thank-you to Mike {our newest member}, for all the help. We picked up the glass in the city and brought it home to assemble with the help of a couple others. Unfortunetely we had a slight bevel on one end piece. Of course it would be a piece drilled for closed loop, so no turning it over. We pulled the partially assembled pieces apart. { I spent the next couple days scraping silicone. :roll:

We got a new end piece from the glass company and Jayson brought it to my house. { 3hrs. away }. He also brought all his equipment and assembled the new tank, correctly. :){nice to watch a pro at work} Of course with help of Mike. Again, much thanks to the both of them.

Looks pretty good. Still has the clamps on. Finished the duel overflows and a Euro front brace yesterday.

Troy F
10-11-2002, 11:58 PM
How big is she Doug?

EmilyB
10-12-2002, 12:37 AM
How big is she Doug?

And how exactly do you sex one ? :lol:

Doug
10-12-2002, 12:38 AM
Troy,
Its 6ft.L-2ft.W-30in.H. About 225 gals. 5/8ths glass. Two 7inch sq. overflows, drilled with 2in. holes. Plus a return or closed loop hole drilled in the back.

Has two-4in. braces, plus I ran a 4in. Euro style brace the entire front, as it cant be accessed anyways. {built into the wall}

Doug
10-12-2002, 12:40 AM
Hey Em,
Anything that good looking has to be female. :D

Troy F
10-12-2002, 03:35 AM
I don't think I could've said it better myself Doug. Sounds like a great footprint. I can't wait to see it up and running.

SuperFudge
10-12-2002, 06:00 PM
LOL, Ditto ! :lol:

These females dont even tell us to take out the garbage either! :wink:

Good luck with "her" Doug,no pics yet ?

Doug
10-12-2002, 09:22 PM
I taked a couple of the construction Marc. I dont have a new website, so cant put them on this board.

If interested, I have pics on Reefland & Aquarium Pros

Doug
10-27-2002, 12:51 PM
Finally moved the rock & fish over. Anyone interested in pics with a pair of 400w Radiums on, look at the above boards. I will have pics later of the difference, with a 400w 55K in the center of the Radiums.

My scrubber is dumping into one end of the tank. Just starting work on the sump, {55g rubbermaid} and return from a Mak4. Have a small Iwaki on a closed loop, that will be fired up today.

Troy F
10-28-2002, 01:13 AM
Doug, it looks fantastic. I love it! Can't wait to see more.

Doug
10-28-2002, 01:12 PM
Has anyone used the large Rubbermaids as a sump, for a long period of time. I used one before, but not for long. I keep looking at it, wondering if it will leak over the long term. It will sit on thick styro and I made holes for the feet to go in, so they dont push up from the weight.

zulu_principle
10-28-2002, 02:14 PM
Have used the large (55 gallon) rubbermaids as sumps for the last 2 years, and have a system that has had one going for the last 18 months without any huge problems.

If you are going to fill it more than 3/4 I would advise 2 x 4 or something to brace the top.

Make sure you take time to get the cover to fit properly.

Zulu