PDA

View Full Version : Surrey Water Quality?

andsoitgoes
10-24-2006, 01:26 AM
Hi all - anyone in the Surrey BC area in the know about the quality of the tap water? I was planning on using it for my pico, didn't have any RO immed available.

I'm in the Newtonish area (88th and KG) - thanks in advance!

Midknight
10-24-2006, 02:43 AM
I am at Gilford and mine out of the tape is about 30 (Havn't tested in a bit).
But if you are looking for some RO water drop me a line and I can set you up.
Might even have a frag or 2. :wink:
If you don't might Xenia's and star paulps.

WWWD
10-24-2006, 02:53 AM
Hey I have a used RODI unit that you can buy cheap, it's a captive purity and comes with a new prefilter cartridge for 50 bucks.

Buddyboy
10-24-2006, 03:22 AM
I'm in the Fraser Heights area of Surrey. I don't think the water out of the tap is too bad. I just use a rinky dinky Aqua Pharm Tap Water Purifier. Cheap to buy and hooks right up to your kitchen tap. Although, if you are setting up a pico tank, you might want to just go to a purified water store and buy a 5 gal jug when needed. Good luck!

andsoitgoes
10-24-2006, 06:39 AM
Wow - y'all ROCK, thanks :) PM'd as needed ^_^

DanG
10-24-2006, 03:05 PM
I'm in the Fraser Heights area of Surrey. I don't think the water out of the tap is too bad. I just use a rinky dinky Aqua Pharm Tap Water Purifier. Cheap to buy and hooks right up to your kitchen tap. Although, if you are setting up a pico tank, you might want to just go to a purified water store and buy a 5 gal jug when needed. Good luck!

I used one of the aqua pharm tap water things and it got my water down from ~50 ppm to ~7ppm, so it worked pretty darn good IMO.